cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About authorization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

One member of project team can see and modify others' item status, and change anything. How is this prevented?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is important build the roles correctly, if a user has a role with authorization to dispay/ change all you should remove this authorization.

The authorization object that gives authorization to change everything is ACO_SUPER, check with your authorization team if they have it.

If the role is correctly defined and he doesn't have it.. Check if the user is assigned to the portfolio or item with admin or write authorization...

regards,

Sara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to give more information about my problem. Project-specific authorization is 'write'. In this case, user can verify the job, and can see all project parts. Problem is that user can change other parts of project that belong to other users, can change status as 'completed' or etc. I want user to perform only own jobs belonging itself. Step by step, how can I fix this problem?

Thanks.

Best regards

schneidertho
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if the user does not have ACO_SUPER as mentioned by Sara, the problem is probably that you assign the 'Write' authorization on project level. You should only do it on phase / task / subtask level.

You need to do this either manually. Or you can assign the user as person responsible. Then the system will automatically assign 'Write' for the specific project element to the user. Have you checked the link?

Best regards

Thorsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

My problem is solved. Thank you so much.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

schneidertho
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need to ensure that only the project team member has Write access (in the ACL).

E.g. only give read per default and assign the project team member as 'person responsible' of the task / checklist item.

See also: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ppm50/helpdata/en/49/921b8e39901131e10000000a421138/frameset.htm

Best regards

Thorsten