cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MaxDB database studio usermanagement errors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I (succesfully, as far as I can tell) installed MaxDB on a Windows 7 Professional x64 Vmware virtual PC (maxdb-all-win-64bit-x86_64-7_8_02_28) and now want to also install MaxDB database studio (maxdb-studio-win-64bit-x86_64-7_9_08_01). While the installation seems to finish successfully, I'm running into errors after starting (as administrator). First error is

'Loading preference values failed; default values will be used

Reason:

Missing object type: :Loader'

then

'Could not read preferences

Reason:

Missing object type: :SQLSTUDIO'

The Event log viewer shows warnings about the utilities path not specified and again Errors about 'Missing object type:: preferences'

While Eclipse then starts up, it is not possible to work with the locally installed DB (which seems to be detectect, however). Again there are errors about

'Missing object type::preferences' as well as

'Could not load mounted Local Folders'

'Can not get registration preferences'

'Get login attributes failed'

'User management exception: Missing object tye::UM_CONNECTION_KEY_REPLACE_WITH_DATABASE_NAME'

Searching the web using these errors does result in too much help, , unfortunately, for UM_CONNECTION_KEY_REPLACE_WITH_DATABASE_NAME I do net get a single hit with google.

First I thought my Java SDK 1.7, is too recent, so I uninstalled DB studio and Java and tried again with Oracle jdk-6u37-windows-x64, but I'm getting the same errors. I also noted that, as it seems, the DB Studio remembered the password from the previous installation. It did not ask for a new one during the new installation but asked for the old one after I started it (I consider this a bug).

Any ideas anyone? Any help would be appreciated.

Maybe I should also note that at first I had a broken MaxDB installation (it failed to load the system tables), which I uninstalled, however and reinstalled (then succesfully).

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yashwanthkumar_kethineed
Active Participant

Hello Thomas,

You define the "Eclipse Secure Storage" password when executing Database Studio the first time

Regarding your statement:

"I also noted that, as it seems, the DB Studio remembered the password from the previous installation. It did not ask for a new one during the new installation but asked for the old one after I started it (I consider this a bug)."

This is not a bug. This is a security feature that will make sure your landscape data (where the connections to  your database & passwords) is not misused/stolen. Without this feature, anyone can easily reinstall the software and use the previous installations landscape data without a password - which will be a security loop hole.

However, you will still be able to delete or change your DB Studio master password.

• If you already know the password

Go to: Windows -> Preferences -> General -> Security -> Secure Storage -> Change Password

• If you do not know the password and did not setup the security questions
    In this case you can only delete the Secure Storage in order to use Database Studio. The consequence is, that all your landscape data will be lost as well.Go to: Windows -> Preferences -> General -> Security -> Secure Storage -> Tab: Contents -> Button: Delete

Regarding the DB Studio problem, it could be because of a damanged eclipse workspace. Try the following:

1. From the above explanation, I understood that you do not have any landscape data in your DB Studio. If in case, you have already added landscape information then save it by saving the following file: C:\Users\<user name>\sdb\DatabaseStudio\.metadata
  2. Empty the folder C:\Users\<user name>\sdb\DatabaseStudio.
  3. In case if you perform the STEP-1, then recover the file C:\Users\<user name>\sdb\DatabaseStudio\.metadata that
    you have saved in STEP-1.
  4. Restart the Database Studio.

Also please ensure that you have installed the Java runtime environment (32-bit/64-bit) that is suitable for your Database Studio. Use the 32-bit Java runtime environment only if you are using Database Studio in the 32-bit variant.

Let me know if this works.

Additionally, If you are an SAP Customer, read the SAP NOTE: 1097311 - SAP MaxDB Database Studio installation for more information.

Regards, Yashwanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yashwanth,

removing the content of that folder (Step-2) did the trick, thank you very much. Everything looks as if it is working correctly.

Thank you, too for the explanation regarding the password,

Kind regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Error: Missing object type: :Loader'

Solution: Following step 2 worked out very well for me. Thank you Yashwanth!!!

2. Empty the folder C:\Users\<user name>\sdb\DatabaseStudio.

Thanks,

Basavaraj

Former Member

Hi Yashwanth,

Awesome resolution!!!

It worked for me as well

Empty the folder C:\Users\<user name>\sdb\DatabaseStudio.

Emptied the metadata folder too

Regards,

Rajesh

jairo_garcia3
Explorer

Excellent Solution.

in my case the STEP 2 was onle empty the folder  C:\Users\<user name>\sdb\DatabaseStudio.

Emptied the metadata folder too. Now all work fine.

thanks,  Regards

Jairo García

Answers (0)