cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication against the specified License Server has failed. Check your Site User password.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all..

I am trying to install SAP B1 9.0.  As per process, i tried to install it through autorun.  when I tried to install SAP Business Server. System asks to enter B1Siteuser  password which I gave but system did not accept it and through the following message :

Authentication against the specified License Server has failed. Check your Site User password.

Please  help me to figure out the solution for the above.

thanks

sohan..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sohan,

Sohan, I am facing the same problem. I read on a thread that the TCP/IP protocol should be enabled. I checked it and also enabled the named pipes since I am using the Server name like you and not IP. Still the same error. You may check it for you, it may work for you.

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amol for sharing your valuable experience.. Let me try the same at my end..

thanks

sohan

former_member209954
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sohan, Amol,

I'm facing the same problem. I checked all IP settings in both the system and the SQL server configuration. I have no problems with SQL (I made sure that TCP/IP was enabled), and I still have the "Authentication against the specified license server has failed - Check your Site User Password" error. Rebooting did not fixed the issue. I'm going to uninstall and re-install, and if that doesn't work i'll proceed to format the server.

former_member209954
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Soha, Amol,

After rebooting and re-installing the SAP B1 9.0 Server Tools, I was able to move forward. It may be a "server too clean" issue.

Best Regards,

Manuel

former_member209954
Participant
0 Kudos

Also, I made sure that the SAP licensing service was up and running - I had to start it manually.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check with http://scn.sap.com/thread/3416753.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

BattleshipCobra
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello everyone.  I found the solution in the log files.  It says to turn on the SQL Server Browser and this actually fixed the problem.

I was able to install the server, access the SLD, etc.

Make sure you restart after turning the service on (set it to automatic) and it will work!

Good luck guys!

Mike

mark_kenworthy
Participant
0 Kudos

Sohan,

Have you tried using the IP Address of the SAP License Server instead of the Name?

Also, have you tried this:

Please try the below:

1. Please check whether TCP/IP protocol has been enabled in the SQL Server which you provided in Server Tools installer. You can check this in SQL Server Configuration manager (SQL Server Network Conf iguration). Please make sure TCP/IP protocol of SQL Server is enabled.

2. Please check whether you are using an HTTP proxy for network access. If yes, please add the system landscape directory server address to the list of proxy exceptions and try again.

If it still not work after you done all the checks above, please log a ticket with SAP Support including the related log files,

1. SAP Business One log files, you can get the log files at %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\SAP\SAP Business One\Log. Please compress all files in this path and upload.

2. System Landscape Directory log files, you can get the log files at <Server Tools install path>/ System Landscape Directory\apache-tomcat-6.0.35\logs (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\SAP Business On e ServerTools\System Landscape Directory\apache-tomcat-6.0.35\logs).

Log the call under component: SBO-PRE-90 (Preview Version 9.0).

I cannot offer further help as the above fixed my issue.

Thanks

Mark