cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade inputs

former_member229310
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,  Need your valuable inputs on couple of queries.  We have currently PI 7.1 production system running from past 2 years.  We have close to 140 interfaces related to SOAP , RFC , FILE , HTTP , PROXY , IDOC scenarios with 2 BPM medium complexity scenarios. Couple of java mappings, 20 to 25 udfs also involved.  Over the period we see that PI server is responding slowly and the scenarios are taking time and we see there is drastic deteriorating  in performance.   Also we are heading to add 50 more interfaces over next year. So taking this into consideration could you please advise what would be the best option of the below ones.  -> I believe CPU, memory , network , Disk I/O play a major role for tuning the performance. So should i consider doing re-sizing of my current system and consider the new interfaces into buffer and add some app, hardware , memory to my exisitng set up.  -> Should I consider upgrading my PI server to 7,3 ....  As we have CRM, BI,SRM running on NW will my upgrade of PI 7,3 have any impact on other NW suites. Important is will my upgrade to PI 7,3 increase any of my performance considering the existing interfaces. Can you please help how PI 7,3 boosts the performance  if i am thinking of upgrade.  Any of the experience inputs would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jari,

I don't think migrating to PI 7.3 just for a performance benefit would work in this case. If you are going to consider migrating Abap based interfaces to Java (AEX) only implementation then you would start to see a benefit because you eliminate the additional hops between the Java and Abap stacks.

I would suggest using the XPI Inspector tool (see SAP Note 1514898) to identify performance problems first. Maybe also investigate the design of the current interfaces & determine whether a re-design (more streamlined) would improve performance.

After that you could then probably do a sizing exercise (maybe include the future load) and determine whether current server specs are adequate. You want to stabilize the current situation & try not to carry it over to a newer version of PI.

Regards, Trevor

Answers (0)