cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality management for Assets

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

My client has a specific requirement, where they would like to carry out quality inspection for materials procured under assets/cost center and also to know the quantity accepted and rejected for materials procured for Assets/cost centers. But far as my knowledge goes, for material procured against assets/cost center inventory is not maintained instead it is posted directly to consumption. So how will I be able to do stock posting from quality to unrestricted in QM module for the materials procured against assets/cost center.

Please provide your suggestions and let me know if any further clarity required.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you discuss this requirement with logistic and financial department?

Because alternative process is possible like below.

1) Receiving a material as stock. (no account assignement)

2) Inspection and usage decision. (stock transfer also from QI to another)

3) Goods Issue for asset. (for example, movement type 241)

The asset value will be increased automatically.

Regards, DoWook KIM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes ,you are correct

If its direct consumption then inspection is not possible as item already got consumed against cost center.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sujit Thanks for the reply, but is there any work around for that since the client is very adamant on the requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are not doing return delivery of the stock which is already consumed in above case & there is no stock exists in system  ,then it would be good option to create a manual Inspection lot such as 01, wherein you can have reference of vendor & you can accept of reject it( only UD & not stock posting )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sujit but the client is looking for stock posting....

Former Member
0 Kudos

But can anybody Please explain how to avoid create inspection lots for Assets. Because for assets inspection lots are getting created... I wanted to avoid that also.

Thanks