cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro Java and CSS compatibility. Can both be used together to make more Interactive Portals?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am a Web Dynpro Java Developer at Bangalore.

I wanted to know wether we can use CSS along with Web Dynpro Java so as to create More Interactive and at the same time, reliable and safe portals?

Is there a feature or a plug-in in NetWeaver DS that can provide this functionality?

Thanks,

Shubham Sharma,

Bangalore,

India.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Marcos : I know about the NetWeaver Portal Themes but that doesnt do much other than changing the color scheme a bit to make the page more catchy.

But CSS can totally transform Dealer or Client experience on such a portal.

Please update me on any such developments.

Regards,

Shubham Sharma.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shubham,

If you are new, and are not using web dynpro yet, do not do it. Web dynpro is a lot engessed. If you are developing to the portal netweaver, that can be totaly customizing, using your own CSS and javascript.

But if you are using Web Dynpro, and need to change the visual of comonent, you can do it use web widget how i can post before, but this is a hard work.

Regards,

Marcos Brandao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Marcos.

I'll start using the Web Widget and also look into how CSS and JavaScript can be embedded using Portal NetWeaver.

And I am new to Web Dynpro, but learning fast.

Regards.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

for that point, i don't think you can do too much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are these features even being considered by SAP to be implemented soon?

CSS integration should be next, now that we have Adobe Interactive Forms.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

seems you are new in area.

web dypro java is dead............

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is the problem of SAP.

They want to inovate and inovate, launch a lot of tecnology, and after a lot of people use it, they just stop to make the tecnology better... Web Dynpro is not the only product SAp do it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubham,

In order to customize the look and feel of Web Dynpro application, you can use the theme editor of portal netweaver. you can change some predefined properties to change the look and feel of the Web Dynpro.

If you need to customizing a little deep then portal theme editor allow, you can use a WebWidget compoennt of Web Dynpro to change at runtime the style of application, but this component is avaliable just on NetWeaver 7.2.

Regards

Marcos Bradao