cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No access to Java applications after upgrading to PI 7.31

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

after having finished an upgrade from PI 7.11 to 7.31 I want to start the CTC upgrade wizard but I'm not able to access NWA.

Actually no access to any of the java apps (RWB, index..) is possible.

Restarting the system didn't help.

In the dev_icm I found the following error:

[Thr 139815554483984] Thu Dec  6 19:11:43 2012

[Thr 139815554483984] *** ERROR => IcmCreateFCAReq: server overload - already 320 requests in queue to server [icxxthr_mt.c 4130]

[Thr 139815554483984] *** ERROR => HttpJ2EETriggerServer: request dispatching to server ######### failed: No more memory(-3) [http_j2ee2_m 1675]

I've already checked SAP note ICM Patch collection https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1356096 where the error is mentioned, but as we're on release SAP_BASIS SAPKB73104 I don't think this applies.

Are there any ideas what could be done?

Many thanks and kind regards,

Phillip

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

since it's been a while that we had to solve this problem, I'm not quite sure about the details, but I'll try to remember what we did.

First we checked default traces and application logs.

Then we updated the Installation from 7.31SP04 to 7.31SP05 (which was the current SP at this time) and I think the final resolution was the implementation of SAP note 1772749 – “Too many logs written - AS JAVA is not responding”.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Phillip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day Phillip,

We are also experiencing a similar issue in out environment.

Please advise if you managed to resolve the issue and what was the solution?

Regards,

Yudesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Same here, but on NW Portal 7.3 (SLD, ADS, EP) after update to SPS11.

What we experience before the error message are constantly rising User Sessions in NWA-System overview.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another question:

Is there any possibility to find out where ICM requests come from?

Thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems some services is running which is consuming all java thread, check all the running process and try to kill some.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply.

The processes are ok so far- nothing unusual.

It seems that the ICM HTTP queues are not able to receive more threads than 320 although the limit is set to 500.

All other ICM parameters (according to SAP note 737625) are also ok.

Any other ideas what might be worth checking?