cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPM Data loading via the UI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are loading the SPM data via the web UI.

We have installed the standard process chains and the standard dataflow.

The dataflow is based on direct datasources from ECC, we have direct update DSO's in our inbound layer, standard DSO's in our transformation layer and then reporting cubes.

My question is on the SPM UI.

Where do I enter the process chain name that kicks off the data load? and when I give the process chain name is it automatically executed when I hot the 'start now' button.

and if I am using direct datasource do I need to maintain the import and export folders on the data management tab?

Kind Regards,

Flash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where do I enter the process chain name that kicks off the data load? and when I give the process chain name is it automatically executed when I hot the 'start now' button.

The process chain related to standard objects are already maintained and delivered as part of standard installation. These entries are maintained in OPMDM_TYPES table. You can maintain new entries for any custom extractors to point it to a particular DSO or a info object.

and if I am using direct datasource do I need to maintain the import and export folders on the data management tab?

If you are not implementing data classification these folders are not needed. These folders to drop the source system data for a 3rd party vendor to pick it up to do the necessary classification and FTP back to input folder to be loaded back into SPM data model.