Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFTP Sender "Exception Error"

vishnu_pallamreddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Our scenario is File(SFTP Adapter) to proxy.

in our SFTP Sender Communication Channel We mention file name as " .* " and Directory as " /folder name ".

We got an error in Run time Work Bench as:

" Exception received: 2: cd to /folder name/ failed. "

why we got this exception?

and what is the problem?

and what is the solution?

Please provide me the solution for this issue asap.

Thanks in Advance.

vishnu p.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

zameerf
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

Are you using the SAP provided SFTP adapter?

If so, there is a similar discussion in the below thread, you can try that latest patch.

http://scn.sap.com/message/13407496#13407496

Regards,

Zameer

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What type of os you use?  Just for testing purpose why don't you create folder name as just one word and try. Also check whether PI system has access to that directory. Sometime this type of error is due to access priviledge to the directory itself.  Take help from Basis and make sure that PI is accessible to this directory. Also windows uses backward slash \ for the directory path and unix uses forward slash / to denote directory path.

vishnu_pallamreddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar,

We are using Windows OS.

and we have access to that folder from pi.

when i am give backward slash \ for the directory path i got the following error:

" Cannot find channel attribute suppressEmptyDirException, possibly metadata not updated. Using default value "false". "

and

" Exception received: 2: Listing of . failed. ".

Thanks in Advance,

vishnu P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Log in with that FTP account manually using a basic FTP client, and check that given the path you are feeding to PI is really accurate.

It could be starting the user's home folder away from your [folder name], so it becomes inaccessible without a full path.

vishnu_pallamreddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aaron,

For Home directory i am giving " ~ " before " / ", but again i got same error:

" Cannot find channel attribute suppressEmptyDirException, possibly metadata not updated. Using default value "false". "

and

" Exception received: 2: Listing of . failed. ".

Thanks in Advance,

vishnu P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe this means the server hasn't given your FTP account enough permissions to see the relevant folders. Please get some Basis / server admin help to fix on the server PI is trying to login to.