cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solman 7.1 Error in basic config - Configure automatically step

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am setting up Solman 7.1 and I am getting the following error in activity "Setup BW" in the step "Configure Automatically" in Basic Configuration.

Message: A failure occured while calling CCMSBI_RUN_SETUP_IN_BTC at ABAP Host=localhost sys=00 client=100 admUser=SOLMANADMIN rfcUser=SMD_RFC

Details: A failure occured while calling CCMSBI_RUN_SETUP_IN_BTC at ABAP Host=localhost sys=00 client=100 admUser=SOLMANADMIN rfcUser=SMD_RFC

!! Exception : BI_NOT_READY

I have activated the metadata in the BW system and the RSADMINA table points out to the BW client (which is not 001).

I have also given the necessary authorizations to the user SOLMAN_ADMIN in the Production client.

Kindly provide your valuable inputs and help me solving this error.

Thanks,
Vivek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what is the client you activated BI? is it 001 or 100.. because your error saying its going to client 100, if your BI in other client, you must need to set up the RFC connection from client 100 to client 001. this is also one of the steps in solman_setup -> system preparation.

Als check the SMD_RFC auth in 001 client.

Please update.

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

Our Prod client is 100 and BW client is 200.

Thanks,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

SOLMAN_SETUP attempts to configure the local BW client of the Solution Manager. See the attached link for a similar problem and steps how to fix it. You should be able to launch transaction RSA1 in Solution Manager in the client which you try to configure (in your case 100). If even after making the right client the default BW client SOLMAN_SETUP is not working, check your SCC4 and SE06 options. The client (and the system) must allow changes.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3226993

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

The issue is resolved now. Thanks a lot for your responses.

Cheers,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For those that are experiencing the same issue, sometimes the BI client is activated in the wrong client, or for whatever reason the issue occurs even though it was created in the right system.

For me, it was a combination of things.  I tried the following [ Note, this applies to SP08, maybe Solman SP07 too)

1. Copy the standard role SAP_SM_BI_PROCESS to ZSAP_SM_BI_PROCESS
  2. Assign full authorization for this role (PFCG)
  3. Assign the role to the users SMD_RFC and SOLMAN_ADMIN
  4. Rerun the step (Basic Configuration Step 5, execute all bw related steps, best is re-execute all steps)

If the above does not work, then follow the steps detailed in Knowledge Article 1840985 -" Wrong BW client activated during setup" to change the client if this step was executed for a wrong client atleast once. Take note of the important instruction, i.e. "

Attention: The solution below must be followed only in new installations, that is, the BW has never been used before. If that is not the

case, please do not proceed and open a new message in component BW-WHM-DST-SRC."

In my case, it was the same client, all the steps against the same client i.e. instead of 001 it was my Solman client.  This somehow refreshed the config and it all come back green, the step passed.

I hope this helps

Ronny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

One more tips, i had a same problem after system migration. I did all your suggestions (Role assignment etc..)but no luck.

Even if you don't get popup once enter the RSA1 T-code don't go back, in same page Goto -> Source system -> Right click Source system name in right side -> and click Activate. You will get error message if your source system not connected properly, then follow the error message.

My case Source system RFC is not working due to wrong Host and User name entry. Finally i changed right one and all went well.

Regards,

Vino

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Vivek,

I think Jansi may have a valid point. You can check what client you activated BI by logging into both clients and running RSA1 to see which client BI is activated. I think you will find that it is actually been activated in client 001 and that is why you get the BI not Ready in client 100.

Did you get the message when trying to start BI_TCO_ACTIVATION "Yu may only work in client XXX" when you tried to activate in client 100?  Did you then run it in Client 001/000? Perhaps you were aware of SAP Note 122679, as you know to enter this default client in the field BWMANDT of the table RSADMINA . Did you maintain table T000 too?

In any case what you need to determine is have you activated the BI in another client already. And to do this you would check with transaction RSA1. I suspect this is the case because the BI is NOT ready ready in client 100, so if you did activate it, likely it was not in client 100.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Yes. The BI was activated in a different client. Client 200 to be specific. Also, the table RSADMINA has been updated with this client in the field BWMANDT.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Please check that hostname and IP of your BW server is maintained in your solman systems host file and host name of your solman and IP should be in your BW system host file.

Also check the RFC for READ in SM59 in your solaman is correct .

It may help you.

Regards

Ganesh Datt Tiwari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Since your question is not related to SAP Application Interface Framework but to SAP Solution Manager, I moved your question to the Solman space.

Best Regards,

Verena