Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't print one part of inspection lot when charc. is skipped

daniel_titze3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear all,

we have the following requirement:

If one "part" of the inspection lot contains only skipped characteristics it should not be printed.

Background:

A goods reciept triggers the creation of an inspection lot. This inspection lot contains some "normal" characterstic and at least one characteristic which is dynamised, which should only be checked once a year. This characteristc is assigned to another work station as all the other (not dynamised) characteristics. So when an inspection lot is created, we get two "parts" of the inspection lot, one which absolutley fine and another one (the one with the dynamised charc.) which contains nothing because of the skipped characteristic.

How can we prevent the printing of this on part of the inspection lot?

I am open for any solution inclusive coding user exits etc.

Any help would be really appreciated

Best Regards

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel

The control for printing the character is at character level or achieved by a program change , printing of the SAPSCRIPT / Paper itself can not be controlled by the data that is to be printed.

Would suggest to use a dummy printer in the default settings of the workcenter for the second workcenter ( which is not expected to print ) , by this only the spool would be generated but will not be printed physically

Hope it helps

Regards

Sunil Ayakar

daniel_titze3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Sunil,

i guess that would work. But we would have to create some kind of reminder for that one time of the year where we need to print it.

Maybe some other ideas?

Best Regards

Daniel

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Talk to the sapcripter.  I would think that if the print out that has only the header, (i.e. no characterisitcs), they should be able to tell that there are no characterisitcs.  If so, then set the print parameter "Print immediately" to NO.  That way the print job is created but it should just sit in the printer spool without actually being printed.  Then depending on the spool settings, it should be deleted at some point, usually 2 weeks.

FF

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

daniel_titze3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Solved it.

We changed the abap which does the printing. There we can check if charc. have a state "4" for skipped. If one operation has only skipped charc. we don't print it.

Thanks for your help.

Regards Daniel

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should have a form for printing your inspection lots.   You should be able to modify the sapscript or smartform to skip any characteristics that are marked as skipped.

Also, if have the other characteristics marked as required i believe you can use the control indicators to print (second page), to print only required characteristics.

FF

daniel_titze3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank your for your repsonse,

the characteristic which should be checked only once a year does not get printed, so that is not the problem.

I think i could not make myself clear.

We have an inspection plan with 5 operations. 4 of these are assigned to one workstation with the corresponding printer. These contain characteristics which have to be checked on every goods reciept (A).

The 5th operation contains only one characteristic with an dynamic modification rule and have to be checked only once a year. This operation is assigned to another workstation and printer (B).

A goods reciept now triggers the inspection lot which get printed in two parts. One with 4 operations and the charact. (A) Everything is fine here.

The other part (B) contains only the header and the empty operation because the characteristc is skipepd and does not get printed.

How can i the prevent the printing of the second part/paper?

Best regards

Daniel