cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Control Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to delete the unnecessary entries in VTFL, which was not done due to the enormous delay in opening the VTFL as there are around 37000 entries here.

And it takes a long time to delete each one.Can anyone please suggest the process to delete the unnecessary copy controls between delivery and billing at oce.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Sireesha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear,

you would request abaper for the new custom code which will be run in background.

properly test it in dev/qa before to delete those recs in production.

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sirisha Kothapalli

Auditors must have raised this issue, I can understand it.

See now you can't make a transport request and can do the all correction, this is not possible.

This 37K ( ) entries were created in VTFL because you fallowed a shortcut and  you copied from any previously created copy control document in VTFL by doing this you done the all config in one go but this also created n numbers of dependent entries and which result 37K entries.

Deleting 37K will take huge amount of time and precautions, in my opinion you bring all the copy control settings in a excel sheet and carefully short which you want to keep in system and which you want to delete. And then you do a program which delete all entries or do manually (With the help of BASIS ). will take long time.

Thanking you!

Ashish Mishra

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe, deleting delivery document types using T.Code: 0VLK might fit your requirement.

When you remove entries, it takes off the dependent settings too. This could save your time.

Post back the best way of doing this activity when you identify this,

Thanks

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sirisha,

VTFL as there are around 37000 entries here.

37K entries in VTFL!

Just how many delivery types & how many billing types have been created for your client (maybe also item categories are included in this figure)?

Please explain more about 37K entries are maintained in VTFL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Thank you for your response.

But the client don't need those entries in VTFL. I need to delete only the unnecessary copy control entries.

Regards,

Sireesha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sirisha,

But the client don't need those entries in VTFL. I need to delete only the unnecessary copy control entries.

A bold statement indeed.  How did he determine this?  Has EVERY affected document that ever used these configuration settings been archived?

Best regards,

DB49

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As a Consultant we need to Convince the Client of the Consequences that may Arise if you Delete the Entry's and the Advanatges of not Deleting the same for Future Business Prospectives.

Siva

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Siva,

I agree with your suggestion of "give merits & potential risks" to the client of an action, before taking the action.

Could you give more details (i.e. consequences, advantanges etc.) specific to this issuee (Copy control - unused entries to be deleted)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you have to delete the entries from the table TVCPF

1.You can write a program for deleting the required entries from the table

2. Got o UASE16N and edit the table(which is not standard)

Raneesh

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

its Adviced not to Delete the Entries in the Copy Controls as standard Entries of various document types will be eliminated which may be of use for the Client in Future.

sivavasireddy