cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jumping TextView

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey everybody,

I´m not new to WebDynpro but I have a strange behavior of a TextView I never had before. Maybe somebody has an Idea.

I have textedit in a tablecell an the value is bound to a string type.

It has 40 cols and 10 rows and soft wrapping.

So far so good. In some unknown cases, it happens the following:

Type more than 11 lines and the textview allways jumps to the 2nd line. Cursor stays at the end of the text.

So when I continue typing, the TextView allways jumps up and down.

Any Input appreciated

Best regards, Matthias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

What Netweaver enhancement pack level are you on and what browser and browser version are you using? Maybe someone at the same enhancement pack level can try to reproduce the behavior. This may have to do with the Table properties as well if you can let us know what those are.

Cheers,

Amy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amy,

we are running on EHP2 for the Netweaver.

I think this has nothing to do with the table arround it.

I tested it with a complete blank WD-Applikation and just putted the TextEdit on it.

I case I check adjustRowsToText and displayAsText I get this effect that it starts jumping after the 11th row of text I enter.

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

The problem appears to be how Internet Explorer handles the combination of property adjustRowsToText and property displayAsText. Firefox, on the other hand, handles the behavior as you would expect, keeping the focus of the TextEdit element on its bottom row as the user types.

Based on observation, the problem appears to be that Internet Explorer alternates between (A) attempting to create space for a vertical scrollbar along the right-hand side of the TextEdit (though never displaying a scrollbar) and (B) removing the space for the scrollbar and instead expanding the height of the element to accommodate the text. This alternating between (A) and (B) creates the "jumping" effect.

I recommend submitting an SAP Customer Message to report what appears to be a product defect. In the meantime, if you uncheck property adjustRowsToText the "jumping" stops, but the compromise is that theTextEdit loses the ability to have a dynamic height.

Cheers,

Amy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much ! I´ll do so and will open an oss message.

Best regards, Matthias

Answers (0)