cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

During Client Copy only 2 or 3 tabels needs to be copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Required sugegstion & guidence on below issue.

Is their any possibility during client copy can we copy 2 or 3 tables only is it possibel.

Kindly provide your inputs ,otherthan clinet if any procedure are avalable please let me know.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

paul_power
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is an overview of the client copy:

1537913 - Client Copy: Local & Remote copies, Client
Export/Import and Client deletion

Here are some usefull notes about client copies:

67205  - CC-INFO: Copying large and productive clients

One opton would be to select the category that includes the tables you want, then exclude all the tables you dont want (though this seems to be alot of tables in your case)

You can use the report RSCCEXPT for putting the tables in exception
list. You can find out these from your dba, then you can transporting
them separately, ie, you can transport the entries manually by calling
transaction SE09 and including the transport object R3TR TABU <table
name> with the corresponding table keys in your transport request. And
then import the request in the target system using STMS.

Note #70290 CC-INFO: Excluding tables with 'RSCCEXPT'

Maybe someone else has an easier option?

Regards,

Paul

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member215961
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't understand clearlly your question.

If you would like copying 3 or 2 tables you should not do a client copy. Eithet you can make a transport request including the tables.

In other hand if your question is excluding tables on clien copy you must follow Paul suggestion.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Paul & Sargan for your prompt responses .

My final question is My Quality and Production servers are diffrent support packs ,can i go a head with client copy with same scanrion , i need to update both systems are in same support pack level.

Thanks

paul_power
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are the qa and prod on higher or lower support packages?

It they are lower, then its not good to transport them in case the tables contain changes that arent in the qa and prod systems yet as they are on lower sp levels.

As its only 2 or 3 tables, you could check in SE03, if those tables were changed by the sp packages that in the qa and prod but not in dev, then be carefull. But if those tables werent changed by an sp package between the two levels, then it stayed the same and should be safe to transport.

In general, for tables you can just compare the structures, if the same, then should be fine.

Is more complicated and needs the se03 checks if its a program or function module being transported , since if this was different between systems due to difference in sp levels, it can cause syntax errors. Tables should be fine.

regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info.

Above question is i am asking for client copy ( traget and source systems) are diffrent support packs.

In that case we can go head with different level of SP's are we need update same levels.

Thanks

paul_power
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tables should be fine (just check the structure is the same via se11/se14)

A transport might be best as Sargan suggested, since its only a few tables