cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ORA-12543: TNS: destination host unreachable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Expert!

I just recently deployed the ECC6 of EHP6 with Selected of Oracle Database on windows platform.

I am able to stop and start the database and able to tnsping <hostname or ipaddress). but whenever run the sqlplus and provide the username and password. the sqlplus not able to connect and error occured "ORA-12543: TNS: destination host unreachable".

I have set master password during the installation and did not set any other password or overwrite.

Please advise how to resolve error!

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I also faced this issue long back. As per I can remember this error occurred due to @ character was used in the password of my database.

Plz check once and lets know the result.

Thanks

Rajat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajat

Yes. my master passwrod has "@" character but other IDES server has no special password and having no prolem of sqlplus accessing.

How will resolved ?

Regards

Anwer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to type password in double quotes.

Regards,

Roman

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gupta...

ankit_gupta32
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Anwer,

Try this command without <> :

sqlplus <user>/"<pass>"@<tnsentry>

Regards,

Ankit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, this issue is related to your password. If your password having@ remove@ symbol please change your password and try it will come 100%. I got same issue but at last I've find the correct solution....

Message was edited by: Karthik Bura

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anwer,

Just to add, please also check if you have maintained maintained hosts file entry...

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc --> hosts

mainatin hostname and ipaddress ...

thanks,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah i've maintained my up address and hostname at hosts file and I've disabled firewall and I've stopped firewall service at services.msc. it's not coming again same error coming

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anwer,

>> I am able to stop and start the database and able to tnsping <hostname or ipaddress).

Do you execute the sqlplus and connect to the database from the client desktop or on the server? How do you stop and start the database?

If you are connecting from your desktop pc, check the firewall ports.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Additionally, to be sure, check the hostname is accessible in tnsnames.ora

Former Member
0 Kudos

Firewall should be disable right I've disabled the firewall and I've stop the firewall service at services.Mac again it's not coming

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I also faced this issue long back. As per I can remember this error occurred due to @ character was used in the password of my database.

Plz check once and lets know the result.

Thanks

Rajat