cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC6.0 Backup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have upgraded R/3 4.7 to ECC6.0 EHP5 sucessfully.I want to define jobs in my Production Server for Initialization of Tape and Full Online Backup in daily basis.As those jobs were defined in our old R/3 4.7 Production Server.By default those jobs are present now in our upgraded ECC6.0 EHP5 Server.But they are not functioning in our upgraded server.So I think I have to delete these jobs and reschedule the Jobs again.Server Details:

ECC6.0 EHP5

Ora 10.2.0.5.0

Win 2008 R2 Server

Backup Device:TAPE

Can anyone please help me out in this?

Thanks

Ajitabh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajitabh,

Any error in the log files? I suggest you go to DB13 and revise the configuration. And to be safe side re-create them, if it is possible.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Orkun,

Thanks for your reply.There is no such error coming while taking full online backup in tape drive.

I just want to know how to schedule jobs for taking full online backup and initialization of Tape drive.

What I am doing is I am scheduling the Backup daily.I just want to know how I can Schedule the

backup automatically in 11 PM daily?How to define Jobs for this?

Thanks

Ajitabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

>> I just want to know how to schedule jobs for taking full online backup and initialization of Tape drive.

I recommend you initialize all backup tape set at the OS level, once. By doing so, you don't need to set the label for each tape before the online backup, on DB13. To schedule online backup;

* Go to DB13

* locate on the day that you want to start backup

* click on add button

* Select "whole database online + redo log backup"    

* write down tape label into the list

* On the "reccurence" tab

* Set "every" value to "1"

* click on days

* select online backup start time

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Orkun,

Thanks for your reply.I want to know before starting the backup I have to initialize the TAPE daily from DB13.

-->> I recommend you initialize all backup tape set at the OS level, once. By doing so, you don't need to set the label for each tape before the online backup, on DB13.

Can you please tell me how to do it from OS Level?

Thanks

Ajitabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

>> I want to know before starting the backup I have to initialize the TAPE daily from DB13.

You can do it on DB13, as well. Choose "Initialize tape" and schedule it before the online backup.

>> Can you please tell me how to do it from OS Level?

brbackup -i force -v <volume_name>

Find the further information, in the document below;

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/1f/6161884fbd8446a5f2b84be0782c55/content.htm

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik