cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to delete service activity.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In my company Purchase orders are created against Purchase requisitions which are automatically generated from activities in a project.

I am getting an error "There is still a purchase order commitment for NWA # #" while trying to delete a service activity.

A PO which was created against this activity was deleted and only PR commitment remains. Normally this PR should be deleted once the activity is deleted.

All the PS reports does not show any PO commitments.

I have tried running RKANBU01, CJEN etc but still problem remains. Please help.

Thanks,

Vinod.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I took the issue to SAP. The deletion indicator for the purchase order was not updated in the COOI table. The PO was undeleted and saved and then deleted again. This could have updated the deletion indicator correctly and I could delete the activity. Thanks for all your help.

Thanks,

Vinod.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Vinod,

As per your requirement :

PO which was created against this activity was deleted and only PR commitment remains.

Procedure: ( This is due to PS & MM commitment table updation Incosistency in structure. ).

Run Std programme in SE38 :

1.RLORD035: Correction in Purchase Requisition and Purchase Order Commitments.

Activate check box for deletion indicator, Then system will update deletion indicator to corresponding PO , and the respective Po commitment will be Released.

2.RKANBU01: Execute PO in this programme : (  Transfer Pr & PO Commitments ) .

3. And finally Run CJEN & CJBN for WBS.

This process might reslove your  Wrong PO commitment.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur/Tushar,

I have already tried the steps mentioned in this thread. A similiar scenario works fine in our quality client.

Thanks,

Vinod.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

If similar scenario works fine in quality, then check if there is any missing link anywhere in configuration which does not matches in production as compared to Quality.

Regards

Tushar

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you run CJEN followed by CJBN after the changes?

Check it and let us know.

Regards

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

There may be inconsistency in commitment. As per sap note # 21649, you can try executing correction program RKACOR04 in update mode for object where there is inconsistency in commitment of affected Network/Activity.

Ensure that actual checkbox is not tiked when you run this correction program.After executing this correction program,inconsistency should get removed.

I would suggest to try testing in test system first.

Regards

Tushar

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

1.In the concerned PO , mark the check-boxes for 'Delivery Completed'  & 'Final Invoice ' as ticked. Also flag the Final issue indicator in SES.

2. If, there is only one PR/PO for this activity then do TECO for this one > save the project and then try again.(you may require to undo TECO for the same)

Hope, it should resolve your issue.

Regards

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

I have tried all the steps mentioned by you. But still i am unable to delete the activity.

Thanks,

Vinod.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I hope you are trying in D/Q client . Try to TECO the corresponding WBS (in testing environment only) > this will delete all the open PR/PO,s > now, try to delete the activity. If it does not work then try as what Tushar has suggested in his post below.

NOTE: Run program RLORD035 to bring your WBS to its earlier state.

Regards

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try deleting the PR first and then the activity.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

As per our configuration the PR is not editable. Any changes to made in the activities are carried forward to the PR. Also, the error message states the existence of a PO commitment which is actually not present.

Thanks,

Vinod.