cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TMS setup problem - tmsadm password won't sync with Solman

bernie_krause
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok, we've got a bit of a problem between our BW TMS domain and our PSM TMS domain.  BW systems were recently upgraded to nw7.3 and several systems were refreshed from our production instance.  Now ever since the upgrade, we can no longer attach the BW domain to the SM domain in TMS.

The Solman domain cannot recognize the BW TMSADM password for whatever reason.  We have never maintained our own passwords but always use the standard passwords.  The TMS RFCs on the SM system fail, stating "invalid user id or password".

Things I've done -

1)     run report to change all passwords across all systems to new standard passsword .  Done successfully on SM domain and on BW domain.  One would think that the password would be the same now.

2)     double checked all Trusted Connections - SMT1 is consistent.

3)     made sure that Trusted TMSADM is turned on

4)     completely destroyed BW domain and recreated it.  Deleted all TMS RFCs from all systems within the BW domain, deleted TMSADM, rebuilt everything.  At least the BW domain is stable now as long as it is not connected to the SM domain

5)     deleted the domain links between the bw and sm domains, deleted all BW rfcs in the SM domain, tried to recreate the LInk to BW domain, no difference. 

6)     tried a different systems as Domain controller for BW domain, no difference.

7)     tried to reset TMSADM to either old standard or new standard passwords, none of them work.

SAP has suggested note 1691028, but it refers to manually maintained TMSADM passwords which we've never used.  I'm also hesitant to apply this note selectively, don't want different systems behaving differently but applying it across 100+ systems will be a bit of a problem at this time of year.

THoughts/suggestions?  I've already dug through most of the TMSADM discussions here.  Not much help from SAP so far.. 

Thanks.

Bernie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are facing the same problem. We haven't find the correction yet but one piece of solution is that we have connected the BW landscape to the DEV system of SM and the problem has not showed up (the password sync well).

We are now looking for a difference of configuration between the 2 SM systems, but we don't know yet what to look at.

Maybe you have an idea.

Joakim

bernie_krause
Participant
0 Kudos

Joakim - I did eventually get everything back in sync, but it was a bit of work.  I had to delete all of the domain links, then in each domain manually delete all tmsadm, tmssup and tms test RFCs, then run report TMS_UPDATE_PWD_OF_TMSADM in the domain controller of each domain and set the password to "new standard".  Once each domain was completely redone (all password reset, all rfcs regenerated successfully, Any errors in any domain had to be resolved in that domain first before it would work.  ) , then I recreated the domain links to our Production Solman instance and ran that report on the Solman domain controller. 

We have implemented the report fix note 1691028 but so far have not had to rerun this process.

good luck.  It's hugely inconvenient to have to do all of this manually.

bernie_krause
Participant
0 Kudos

We've gone through all that with an SAP resource looking at it.  I've done the manual RFC deletion, done everything I can think of.  The one domain that won't connect is a BW NW7.3 system - I'm beginning to wonder if there is a basic incompatibility with connecting to a NW7.02 domain. 

The other odd thing is that the TMS RFCs behave differntly on the NW7.3 system.  On 7.3, the TMSADM rfcs are not modifiable, while the TMSSUP rfcs ARE modifiable. On 7.02 systems it's the reverse.  TMSADM RFCs are modifiable and TMSSUP RFCs are not modifiable.

All of the domains have been reset with the new standard password, the password rules are the same, but no way will the NW7.3 domain properly connect to the 7.02 domain.

Annoying.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. If you done the password change by report. it should change..

Can you please make sure your BW system is not locked in STMS.. if it is locked your password change by report , doesnt apply.. chk this http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/44/b4a1297acc11d1899e0000e829fbbd/content.htm

2. And also try to change the tmsadm for all system from domain controller... try out this

Note 1414256 - Changing TMSADM password is too complex

3. might be some help from wiki also http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SL/Changing+the+TMSADM+password

Please update

Thanks

Jansi

bernie_krause
Participant
0 Kudos

Jansi - already have done all this, multiple times.  I have 4 BW systems that won't work, and 4 BW systems that do.  I'm not even sure that it's entirely all related to the TMS password - the 4 systems that don't work all share a common base (3 were system copies from the Production Upgraded version). 

I have deleted the TMS RFCs in the SM domain, recreated them, made sure they're unlocked, rerun the report.  The report finishes correctly, but when I run a Connection test, those 4 systems will never work, although all the other BW systems do. 

Going to try note 1691028.   Maybe something in the background isn't being cleaned up properly. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the notes 1568362 - TMSADM password change

Point 3 A and 3 B

This is issue due to BW password policy.

Rg,

Karthik