cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No database table exists for table XXXX after DB copy - SE16

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just did a DB copy from PRD to QAS for our 4.0b (dont ask) R/3 system on our v5r4 as/400.

We use the regular method (which we have used many times) where we delete the old R3QASDATA lib and restore the R3PRDDATA lib.  Everything went OK as usual but after finishing the DB copy and doing the licence & TMS stuff etc we found that SE16 refuses to see any tables. Even when we run se16 for T000 & USR02 the get the message

No database table exists for table USR02

Message no. MO 405

Now when we run SQL we can see all the tables and data and we can see the T000 data in SCC4 and we can update USR02 etc via SU01. So we know the tables and data is there. SE16 cant see it tho.

We tried checking the tables via SE11 and they all check OK and regenerate OK but still will not show up on se16.

Just wondered if anyone had come accross this one before.

Thanks

Matthew

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

I assume that the catalog views (SYSTABLES etc.) in R3QASDATA are still pointing to R3PRDDATA. SAP Note 66985 explains how to solve this.

Kind regards,

Christian Bartels.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christian

That was the fix. I checked the logs and the rstlib had mbr(*all) rather then *NEW so the existing systables files for QAS were overwritten with PRD.

This #66985 fixed the issue in 5 minutes.

Thanks

rdiger_hckel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

I haven't had this case before.

Maybe SAP Note 71258 - AS/400: Cross-ref. files defective? RCLSTG *DBXREF has some useful information...

All the best,

Rüdiger