Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capacity constraint in optimization using schedules in TM9.0

sudhir_gulati
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to check how Capacity constraint is considered by VSR optimization using schedules in TM9.0.

The carrier schedule defines a capacity in schedule's header. The same has been defined as 1000KG. The scedule contains multile pick ups.

The optimization profile is set such that capacities 'need to be considered' and 'rough cut planning' is not to be used. (I have also tried this with 'prefer detailed planning over rough cut planning').

However, when I run optimizer, it creates tr. proposals using the schedule - 300% of capacities defined.

I understand that capacities is a hard constraint for VSR Optimizer and hence should be considered independant of any other cost => High Non-delivery costs will not make optimizer overrule the capacity constraint.

Is it something that I am missing?

Thanks in advance,

~Sudhir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member

This message was moderated.

thomas_engelmann
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Sudhir!

The capacity is modeled as hard constraint, so the cost shoud not care.

Reading your description there are two possibilities: The capacity was somehow not transfered into the optimizert or we have an internal bug in the optimizer itself.

May you have a look into the explanation file of the optimizer ( transaction rcc_log, click onto the info icon of our optimization run). Can you see the capacity here in the input data of your schedule?

If you don't see the root cause for the problem herer, please open a ticket and attach the optimizer

input-file to the ticket.

Best Regards,

Thomas