cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How parse OData response from SUP

Former Member
0 Kudos

How parse OData response from SUP

I have been looking for a way to consume a SUP service by oData, i found a library SDMParser, but I still can't find some example code, I think it is only  a xml parser that lets get chema's parts

I also found NetWaver Gateway development tool, that creates the  proxy classes to consume the services (more like a simple oDtata).

So my questions are.

Are there two options to consume the service, the first with SUP mobile sdk using SDMParser or the second using proxy classes with NetWaver Gateway development tool?

can any body provide some code parsing data in iOS library?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone

ok I have only one more question, I saw in some docs  that using NWGW, developers of  different languages don't need special knowledge for interact with this, so it means that working with SDMParser I have to know ABAP or some special thing?

please excuse my ignorance, thanks.

rohith_deraje
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

No.  SDMparser is available for Android, BlackBerry and iOS.  you can develop apps using the native IDEs for these technology and use the corresponding SDM parser library.

Note that NWGW exposes RESTful services(oData) which can be parsed using any open source parsers as well. However SDMParser provides you simple APIs which makes the parsing easy and handy.

Regards

Rohith

sujith_prathap
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The parser code is available in the various languages that can be used natively. So knowledge of ABAP is not required. Only knowledge of the OData document should suffice.

ABAP is only required when you want to create a service document on the system directly.

Best Regards,

Sujith

rohith_deraje
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

You can use SDM oparser libraries to parse the oData.

The sequence is like below.

1. Parse the service doc.

2. Parse metadata

3. Parse the Collection

You can find sample code the reference app

for SUP version 2.1.x, you can find at : https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/docs/DOC-146461

for SUP version 2.2, you can find at: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/90166922-ae21-3010-a880-d90574398daf

Regards

Rohith

rohith_deraje
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

One more nice doc on iOS app development using SUP2.2

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-33759

Hope this helps you.

Regards

Rohith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for help me, I think this information will work for me, I have only one question, in witch cases I have to use NetWaver GetWay developer tool?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reyes,

Netweaver Gateway is an add on top of SAP, Netweavet Gateway can be used to exposes the REST based oData Service which device can consume whereas SUP can act as a proxy through a Sybase Hosted Relay Server.

Was that helpful

Regards,

Srinivas Divakarla

sujith_prathap
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The netweaver gateway developer tool can be used in cases where you do not have any complex custom logic that you would like to implement. The SDMParser is the way to go if you would like to tweak and customize your app.

Personally, I prefer the SDMParser as i like to have control over my code than read generated code which is a waste of time.

Happy Programing,

Sujith