cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MII iSPCchart updateChart method issue IE9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I am currently having an issue with MII 12.2 and Internet explorer 9, when I attempt to run an document.iChart.updateChart(true) through javascript in internet explorer 9 with 1.6.0.30 I do not get any response from the browser. However the exact same code works perfectly in IE6 and IE8 !  (java 1.6.0.30)  I have to right click on the chart and select refresh in order to get the data to display on on the iSPCChart.

Needless to say this causes alot of issues as I have many reports that have dates that can be changed dynamically by the user in the webbrowser, and when they apply the changes I use the updateChart event to update the display. I have traced the issue right down to the updateChart event, I can still change other parameters through javascript. Has anybody else had any issues like this ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Turns out the problem can be fixed with a java policy change (see http://scn.sap.com/thread/2066187) . The fact it runs in Mozilla was a red herring. Not too sure how this can be fixed in a larger company though, as admin access is required to update this policy on every users machine..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just as an update, the applet is reporting the following error "Authentication is requested". I believe this to be some sort of an issue with IE9, as I dont get the issue with Firefox on the same installation of Java.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sounds like your issue warrants a support ticket, and development can investigate further.