cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a New Track from existing Track

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please help me with below requirement ..

we have an existing track where we all do our developments/fixes . Now i want to make copy of this track means i want exact replica of the this track (including DC's and source code also ) .

I tried below way

• CMS -> Landscape Configurator - Select Track (Source) - Save As button - Enter all the necessary

Now my track is created but it doesn't have any DC's . it just created workspaces (like DEV,CONS)in the DTR but not the DC's .

• I tried the below to copy the DC's from the existing track .

From Transport Studio -> Select Source Track -> go to Approval Tab -> Forward from History-> Give target . after this i tried to import this from development tab of target Track . this didn't work .

*one strange issue that once i login to my old track from NWDS and tried to login to new track (this doesn't have nay DCs' yet)it says you are already logged in . what is reason behind this ?

one more thing Source track doesn't have latest SCA in the approval tab . i am not sure why ? we use CTS+ to move transports to DEV to QA -> PROD  .

I am trying to create track in the same DTR  as old track exists.

Please let me know how to replica of existing track and resolve this login issue .

Regards,

Rakesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

How are you . i hope u rememberd me from SAP labs [WD team] .

I have created Track from existing track. I forwarded SC from assembly tab . i imported this in the new track from Development tab. this created my DCs' in the (DEV and CONS)WorkSpaces in DTR .

I have some problme now . i logged into my old track from NWDS at the same time when i tried to loginto new track it says "you are already logged on http://<server>:<port>/dtr with other user name".

i dont why it says this . i cant find out what is this user login dependency also . i haven't deployed dependency SC's yet [like WD-RUNTIME ,ENGINE FACADE etc ..]

Track is for CE 7.11 development and NWDI version in 7.01

Please advice .

Regards,

Rakesh Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin ,

I found an intresting thing here. when two tracks share same DTR URL (i.e same URL format) i am facing this issue

e.g.Track1 track has DTR url like

http://<host>.<domain>.com:<port>

Tack2 has DTR URL like below /dtr

http://<host>:<port>/dtr  [without any domain]  i can login to these two tracks simultaneously.

i have created copy of Track1 i.e Track3 and cofigured DTR like below

http://<host>.<domain>.com:<port>  -  In this case i cant login to Track1 but i can login to track2

when i changed to DTR url like below

http://<host>:<port>/dtr     - in this case i can login to Track1 but not Track2 .

i think session is shared between two tracks (track1 & Track3 while logging from NWDS)and might be multiple logins are not possible . Is there any work around or solution for this . 

Regards,

Rakesh Kumar

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Namaste Rakesh bhai,

Zaroor, remember you, man!

In NWDS you are logging in to NWDI, not to a given track, so you don't need to logon again unless the involved development configs are from different servers. So I think that is normal that you don't need to logon twice. More precisely you log on to SLD where the development configs are registered (this is why you have to specify SLD URL in development config pool). And you know that there is only 1 SLD per NWDI domain. Let me know if this is not your case, or I misunderstood something.

I try to reflect soon to your other post as well.

Khayal Rakhna!

Ervin

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

normally the URL should be the same, but I haven't seen cases when 2 track has different URL (even you can use IP) and this would cause any trouble.

If you have only 1 DTR anyway, then why are you changing the URLs when creating tracks?

This part is not clear for me, I don't see the reason behind.

Cheers,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Namasthe Ervin ,

you are cool man . you learned essential hindi words .

From NWDS i am trying to logon to defiend track . what you said is correct we don't need to login twice once we save password or until configuration is not changed .. but in this case  when try to logon to new track i.e track3  (i have alreadly logged into Track1 ) it prompts me with logon popup and gives the error which i mentioned. we have only one SLD in our enviroment .

i am not sure i can go with IP adrress becuase it may change during network update or during any other network related changes .

i am not sure why this is confugred with chaning URL  for the those two old tracks. i forgot to mention we are using CE 7.11 SP4 IDE [Track is for CE developments] .but our NWDI is 7.01 SP6 .

if you need any logs from NWDS just let me know . is there any way to force session from NWDS or from DTR perspective ?

Thanks ,

Rakesh Kumar

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hey Rakesh,

perhaps the quickest approach would be to have a sapconnect meeting with you.

Can you send me your phone number to ervin.szolke@sap.com ?

fyi, I am here today and tomorrow, then only next year.

Thanks and Regards,

Ervin

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hey Rakesh bhai,

I am happy that we talked and that we managed to solve this at the end. 

What we did is that we created a new NWDS workspace and there once we reimported all the involved tracks we could not reproduce this again. As discussed using the "save password" option the passwords were cached in your nwds workspace on client side.

Apparently the username was mistyped on one track and -- since it has been cached -- it tried to use that different user to log on. On 711 it seems there is no password cache reset (like on e.g. 730 there is) so we have reset the password basically by creating a new workspace. Now you can delete the old one, and use the new one, or just delete both and recreate the old one if you want to use the same workspace name.

Have a good time!

Best Regards,

Ervin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

Before forwarding your custom SCs, did you import the build plugins(eg BUILDT, JTECHS, etc)?

You can replicate your track within the same NWDI using the DTR console. What is nice about replicating as opposed to SC forwarding is that it will keep your entire change history, which is lost when you forward SCs from one track to another.

Former Member
0 Kudos

do you wnat me to deploy the SCA of BUILDT, JTECHS again for the Newly created track ?

I have some query about replicate command where i can get help for the command

what is this -r -d option indicate in the replicate command exactly ?

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

"save as" feature only creates a new track "skeleton" and also creates the corresponding DTR workspaces folders -- plus creates empty CBS buildspaces (for dev and cons) -- once you save this track. It is NOT copying the content.

If you wish to have a complete copy of a track (including its imported SCs, i.e, the content) then I suggest you to go for the replcation approach as suggested by Stefan.

In case you would like to have more information on the usage of replication, I suggest you to start DTR console, and use its "help" command.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Ervin