cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Confirmation disabled in POWL

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We are on SRM 7.0 and in the process of updating our patches from 7 to 13.  I am finding that in our test clients the Create Confirmation button is disabled on the Order Status screen for the shopping cart list.  It is enabled on the Confirmations tab and enabled if I actually select a specific shopping cart.  However, that is not our current process.  In Production, users click on Create Confirmation which brings up a search screen that allows them to enter their PO number.

How do I get the button enabled again?  I have checked all of my settings for POWL and everything matches with Production.  I have sent a message to OSS but have not received a response yet (note sent a week ago).

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Monique,

what you describe is not the standard SAP behavior.

Action button "Create Confirmation" from SC or PO POWL launches confirmation screen.

PO search screen to look for PO to confirm is launched using menu "Create document", transaction 'Confirmation'. Then, you get screen below:

By clicking on "Create Confirmation" button, you will be able to do your confirmation for corresponding PO.

Regards.

Laurent.

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I realize it is not standard behavior.  However, as my post says, the create confirmation button is disabled until a user actually selects a cart from the Order Status screen.  I am not familiar with the "Create Document" transaction that you are referring to.  All of our users go through the portal.  In SRM, the Order Status tab has 3 sub-tabs (SC Header List, SC Item List, and Confirmations).  On each of the tabs in Production, the Create Confirmation button is enabled (not grayed out).  Once clicked on, the PO Search screen comes up.  Now, in Dev and QA (with the latest patches), the Create Confirmation button is only enabled on the Confirmations tab.  I need to figure out why the button is grayed out on the other tabs and make it available again.

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Monique,

please attach screen-shot of your "Order status tab".

I guess your are talking about POWL, but just to be sure...

Regards.

Laurent.

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

QA screen:

Production screen:

Never attached images before so hopefully you can see them above.

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SRM 7.0 (SP SAPKIBKV09), having "Create Confirmation" action button enabled without a lead selection (which means a row among POWL result list is selected) is not standard.

Differences exist between your SRM environments for /SAPSRM/IF_PDO_STATIC_HELPER~GET_STATIC_ACTIONS method from /SAPSRM/CL_PDO_SC_STAT_HELPER class.

See OSS notes below:

1444291 - ESS: 'Create Confirmation' button opens search view

1473434 - 'Create Confirmation' button disabled in Confirmation POWL

Regards.

Laurent.

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I will have the programmer look at the method.  However, as far as I know, the Create Confirmation button has been available since we upgraded to SRM 7.  It was not necessary to select the shopping cart line first.  The button is not disabled when we go to the Confirmation tab in the Order Status screen, only SC Header List and SC Item List.

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It appears that note 1444291 came in with our latest patch upgrade.  This note turned off the ability to Create Confirmations from the SC List without actually selecting a cart first.  That is not good.  When users are prompted via e-mail to create their confirmation, we are giving them the PO number, not SC number.  Prior to this patch upgrade, users were able to select Create Confirmation without having to select the cart.  It appears that SAP is going backwards.

bharathi_ponnusamy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Could you please help me on how you have resolved the above issue as I am also facing the same. Many thanks in advance for your help.

Best Regards,

Bharathi

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I believe that we reversed out the note that came with the patches...1444291.

bharathi_ponnusamy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Monique,

Thanks for the update. I will check on that and I will update you.

Best Regards,

Bharathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Laurent,

I'm having a doubt with the Search Purchase Order screen...

When proceed with the search of a S.C, the information from the PO is not being correctly displayed.                    

Looks as if the PO ítem is not being retrieved correctly.

And furthermore, when clicking the arrow, no additional information of the details is displayed.

Any idea about how could I check the values coming?. Any BADI?

Thank you so much, my friend!. .

Kind Regards.

Raúl