cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do not want to create orders during downtime

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus -

I'm running the standard lot PPDS heuristic to create planned orders for some materials. The resource runs on some saturdays and sundays but not all. So I have a shift definition which is open all 7 days a week, 3 shifts. There are certain weekends when I want to block the resource and do not want the system to create any planned orders during such weekends. I tried:

1) checking the 'not a workday' on the capacity profile of the resource.

2) use the downtime tab in the resource master and use 'planned downtime' and specify the dates and times.

However when I run the heuristic, the system creates planned orders over the downtime. Meaning if I have a 8 hr run, sometimes I have orders which have a part of the order before the downtime and a rest of it after the downtime. How can we make sure that the order does not span before and after the downtime? I want the order to be created before or after but not span across the shift.

I also tried the 'break not allowed' check field on the PPM and it did not work.

Appreciate your help!

Regards

Varun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when you are not in the "break not allowed mode", the system can plan the start of the order somewhere before the start of the break and the end of the order sometime after the end of the break, but the order will not consume capacity during the break, nor the breaktime is computed for the total leadtime. This is what you are seeing and what you don't want?

In this case, forget about not a workday and downtime. Break not allowed is the required option...

regards,

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James - Thanks for the reply. The downtime which I have defined is for the weekend and I absolutely do not want orders starting before the weekend and continuing after the weekend. So if my downtime/weekend is from Sunday 7 AM to Monday 7 AM and if there is a requirement starting at 8 AM on monday morning, I want the semi finished order to be created before the downtime/weekend.

what's the best way to achieve this?

I did check the 'break not allowed' option but still the orders start before downtime and continue after.

Any help of on this much appreciated!

Regards

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

sorry, never tried this myself, but I agree this should be feasible.

I see in the definitions screen of the resource you can explicitely define breaks. Just guessing: have you tried to define the break instead of relying indirectly on shifts and downtimes? May be "break not allowed" is literal and only understands breaks themselves. It is worth a try.

regards,

J.

Answers (0)