Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM - Managed system configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Scenario:

I have 2 Solution Manager. Development and Production.

I have 5 managed system for a specific solution - China (DEV, QA, TEST, Pre-Prod & Production)

I have configured all the non-production systems on dev solman for technical monitoring and configured the Production system on prod solman.

I will be using ChaRM for this solution

Question:

1. Now that the Managed system for China solution are configured on different solman, how will the ChaRM be setup.

2. On which SOLMAN will the ChaRM need to be setup.

3. Any other information relating to the above setup.

Thanx

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Deepak

Solman Production must be used for any functionalty whether its monitoring charm incident mangement project management technical operation any one it doesnt matter

you configure in Dev test your config with managed dev and then have it Live in Solman Production

you can check the master guide how and which system should be connected with solman dev and solman prod on service marketplace

Hope answer your doubt

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. For charm scenario, you need to connect all the charm system into a single solution manager system.. I prefer go with production..

2.In your case Charm would be running independently from monitoring scenario.. but again if you go for RCA, it should be prod SOLMAN

3. for set up.. refer the documents here and also the other documents created by .. much more available at serive.sap.com/rkt-solman

Normally we use dev solman for prototyping and demo purpose...

Please check..

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jansi,

Thanx for the prompt reply....

So, are you saying that ChaRM and Technical Monitoring are separately configured and there is no connection between them...?

So, can I still configure the dev & QA systems on SOLMAN dev and the production systems on solman prod for my Technical Monitoring config....

Then for ChaRM (assuming I am using solman production) how will the solman know the connection details (RFC destinations) of the dev & QA.... as the managed systems was done on solman dev...

The reason of this query is - This client has a huge number of non-production systems and if I configure all in one solman that the solman will get overloaded.

for Testing -

If you configure ChaRM in solman production, how will this be tested in solman dev....

And for patches and upgrades, how will you test if ChaRM works etc after upgrades.

Thanx

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Tech mon scenario you can use 2 solman.. but Charm should be 1 solution manager system. you need to connect all your charm system to single solman..

if you nt aware of charm configuration, I suggest you set up one small prototype for charm in Dev solman.. once familiar create live charm project in prd solman.. needs to repeat all.. 

Thanks

Jansi