cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database in SAP Management Console

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when I add my SAP instance (SCM 7 Ehp1) in SAP Management Console, I can start and stop the system, but not the database (MaxDB). If I click on the database node, I get the following error message:

java.net.UnknownHostException: wdfv00255470a

at java.net.Inet6AddressImpl.lookupAllHostAddr(Native Method)

at java.net.InetAddress$1.lookupAllHostAddr(Unknown Source)

at java.net.InetAddress.getAddressFromNameService(Unknown Source)

at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName0(Unknown Source)

at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName(Unknown Source)

at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName(Unknown Source)

at java.net.InetAddress.getByName(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.managementconsole.common.data.SAPDatabaseInstance.loadChildren(SAPDatabaseInstance.java:55)

at com.sap.managementconsole.operations.LoadOperation.execute(LoadOperation.java:32)

at com.sap.managementconsole.operations.AuthorizedOperation.execute(AuthorizedOperation.java:55)

at com.sap.managementconsole.common.DataLoader.executeAllQueuedOperations(DataLoader.java:670)

at com.sap.managementconsole.common.ThreadPoolDataLoader$DataLoaderTask.execute(ThreadPoolDataLoader.java:127)

at com.sap.managementconsole.common.ThreadPoolManager$ThreadPoolElement.run(ThreadPoolManager.java:276)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I think it is because of the missing domain in the database hostname that it can't be resolved. I added the SAP instance using the FQDN and that works fine, but then the database is added with the hostname only and that seems to be the problem.

Where does the Management Console get the database hostname from? I only add the SAP system, so the database has to be read from some kind of configuration file, and i guess and can set the right domain there.

Anybody who can help?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

java.net.UnknownHostException thrown to indicate that the IP address of a host could not be determined. Please add your MaxDB hostname to DNS or hosts file.

Regards,

Roman

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can resolve the hostname on both the server and on the client I have the Management Console running. I checked that in the command line. Moreover, the MaxDB and SCM are on the same host, so resolving the hostname can't be the problem if it works for the SCM instance.

The problem seems to be that the Management Console tries to resolve the full hostname for the SCM instance, and that works, but it wants to resolve the short hostname (without the domain) for the database, and that doesn't work.

How can I make the Management Console use the full hostname for the database?

Former Member
0 Kudos

>> How can I make the Management Console use the full hostname for the database?

I think it is irrelevant if your DNS settings are correct.

Try to add this hostname to hosts file

<IP address> <fqdn> <short hostname>

Regards,

Roman

Answers (0)