cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit memo creation error

Former Member
0 Kudos

I create a billing document, accounting doc is generated, but I use VF01 to create credit memo, it says below error:

F2 can't be invoiced using document type G2S, so how to know which billing type can be used for F2 for credit memo purpose

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Siva,

how to know which billing type can be used for F2 for credit memo purpose

Go to VTFF, click button Selection, in the drop-down choose "By contents..."

In the popup, choose Ref. billing type = F2

Click on "Choose"

Now system shows all the billing documents which can be created with reference to F2 (billing type), choose the one which is relevant to credit memo process (e.g. G2).

Also check, at item level, in VTFF, whether the item category in F2 is also maintained in VTFF.

Former Member
0 Kudos

in VTFF F2 is mapped to G2, in VF03, I have a F2 invoice 45000 USD, in VF01, I select billing type G2, hit enter, it shows two line: invoice 45000, credit memo 48000 USD, I highlight the invoice 45000 USD, click save, a credit memo with value 48000 USD is generated. there is no accounting document generated, is this the correct system behavior?

I want to enter credit memo with 200 USD for invoice with 45000 USD, how should I achieve this? how to check exchange rate in credit memo?

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Siva,

You can find the default billing type for a sales document type (e.g. OR, G2S etc.) in t-code VOV8:

field "Order rel. bill. type" -- for order related billing (in processes like Credit memo)

and field "Dlv-rel. billing type" -- for delivery related billing.

In VF01, just give the credit memo request and press Save.

The system shall assign the billing type on its own.

(Before creating a billing document, probably you would have to remove the billing block from the CR order)

Update: This post does not address the issue raised by the OP.

Did not interpret the question correctly.

Message was edited by: T W

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Document type G2S would be used in Third Party process and if yours is normal standard SD process, then you have to refer Credit Memo type G2 against F2.  Of course, you need to have copy control for these document types.

G. Lakshmipathi