cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To have QM implemented, should QM Plant parameters maintenance mandatory?

former_member222014
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Friends,

I am using Automatic usage decision functionality and waiting time is maintained in QM Plant parameters to making use of in case User wants to intervene to reject the Lot.

My client is having ove 1000 plants already into SAP but QM is implementing now. So in this case to reduce certain customisation activities, is there any possibility to not maintain QM plant paramters IMG activity.

Is it possible without maintaining QM Plant paramters IMG to implement QM.

Thanks in advance

Nag.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Nag Krish

To implement the QM in differnet plant you have to do the plant level setting for each plant. When plant is created by MM guy, automatic entry of that plant is created in QM Customizing with defalut entries as provided by SAP.

So you donot need to create the plant specifically for QM.

Manish

former_member222014
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Thanks for the inputs, Are you sure that when a Plant is created by MM guy then the IMG activity of QM plant level settings will be maintained automatically..

In my experience its not, because my client is using SAP since long time, but now he is going to implment QM  in existing plants in SAP.  In Development system I mainatained Plant level settings.

So my other questin, I don't know you understood correctly or not, if I am maintaining first time QM waiting time for Auto UD in plant parameters..this would be great task for maintaining so many plants.

Is there any other way where client level we can maintain this waiting time for Auto UD.

Thanks

Nag

former_member222014
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Thanks! one way your answer is correct, other half of my question is to maintain waiting time at one place which can be accessed by all the plant QM Auto UD batch job.

Thanks

Naga

former_member222014
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Thanks! one way your answer is correct, other half of my question is to maintain waiting time at one place which can be accessed by all the plant QM Auto UD batch job.

Thanks

Naga

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

NO  its not possible because system reads the AutoUd time from plant settngs. Your problem is that you have thousands of plant to maintain AutoUd time. So you can make LSMW or BDC for maintianing that DATA.

Manish

Answers (0)