Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delegate functionality in Sourcing 70 system

Phalani2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a requirement of implementing Delegate functionality in E-sourcing-70 system. Standard system doesn't support Delegate functionality so we planned to have a custom development. We have created an extended field in User Settings called 'Delegator', if this field is not initial for the approver the requested work item has to go to delegator instead of actual approver.

Scenario: I have a contract document with 3 phases A) Draft, B) Workflow Approvals C) Final. Initial phase of the contract document is Draft, when a requester creates a contract document with 3 approvers, viz., Approver1, Approver2 and Approver3 and moves the phase of the document to Workflow Approvals phase, workflow kicks off and a work item goes to Approver1. Upon his/her approval it goes to Approver2.

If approver2 is on vacation and didn't set Delegator in his user settings, then to process this work item we planned to follow as below;

When an Approver is not available to approve the work item and the requester was not aware of the situation and the delegation needs to occur after the workflow has been initiated. A system user (SYSTEM_ADMIN) with the security authorization to change a user account will go to the original Approver (approver2) account and add the delegate. From there the workflow will be cancelled by the SYSTEM_ADMIN and re-initiated after the delegate is added. In this scenario where the workflow is interrupted, the original approvals that were recorded before the cancellation (from Approver1) will auto-approve the workflow in order to avoid duplicate approvals from approver1 on the same document when the workflow is re-initiated.

Thanks in advance, your help would be highly appreciated.

Palz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Palz,

just as a clarification, are you aware that Workflow Delegation is available in Standard in 9.0 - which is now in GA ?

Thanks,

Armin

Phalani2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Armin,

Thanks for your reply, we have already proposed about Sourcing latest version 9.0 to our client 2 weeks back, only last night they gave approval to proceed with the latest version, so the Extension field for delegation functionality was taken off. Can you please through some light on getting auto approval from the already approved processor after re-initiating the workflow as I mentioned in the actual requirement above. I guess we need to write a query on workflow tables with work item. But as I am new to Sourcing system I don't have any clue to build this logic. Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Palz

Phalani2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Armin,

Thanks for your reply, we have already proposed about Sourcing latest version 9.0 to our client 2 weeks back, only last night they gave approval to proceed with the latest version, so the Extension field for delegation functionality was taken off. Can you please through some light on getting auto approval from the already approved processor after re-initiating the workflow as I mentioned in the actual requirement above. I guess we need to write a query on workflow tables with work item. But as I am new to Sourcing system I don't have any clue to build this logic. Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Palz