Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No active Javascript in Adobe interactive forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody,

I have one problem with adobe interactive form

In the form I have one field which has option for type of value - "User entered - Required". This field must be fill out when I start print form.

When I start form I have message "JavaScript is currently disabled and this document uses it for some features. Enabling JavaScript can leas to potential security issues.".

On this step my form is don't filled out for some data.

And in this message I have two buttons - Options and Help. If I choose in options enable JavaScript, then will be fill out all data.

How I can activate JavaScript automatically without confirmation for each starting of the form?

Regards,

Denis Klochkov

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

it is a security option of adobe reader to activate or deactivate Javascript, not in the adobe form.

You can activate Javascript globally in adobe reader when no document is open (in menu edit->option->Javascript, I'm not quite sure about the path, because my adobe reader is not in English).

Cheers.

Tao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tao,

Thank you very much for the answer!

Yes it is work.

But I need solution in the other way. This solution works only if each user of SAP Adobe forms change setting on own local pc. And also it is better to no change this option in adobe.

Is it possible to change this option only when I start my adobe form and when I close this form return this option to initial meaning via print program or Sap Script in the form?

Regards,
Denis Klockov

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

no, (at least at the moment) you can't, unless you are a hacker , because Javascript can cause security risks (it is so powerful to do things that's not relevant with the form itself) and you want to bypass security option of adobe reader.

That's why I prefer to use the native form language FormCalc. It is not restricted because it was designed to do form logics and nothing more.

You can redesign your form using FormCals instead of JavaScript.

Cheers,

Tao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tao,

Thank you!

The hole my form was created with FormCalc and not JavaScript.

In general JavaScript need only for field, that can be corrected manually from the user.

Do you have any ideas about this topic?

May be also I can customize something in the form?

Regards,

Denis Klochkov

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

as you said, there is no much Javascript in the form. Then reprogram them into FormCalc might be a direct solution.

Cheers,

Tao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tao,

In the form for all fields use only FormCalc. All data(interface, form, print-program) are active, but still when I start this form I have warning about javascript.

What can I miss?

Regards,

Denis Klochkov

Answers (0)