cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to calculate value of a condition type based on a condition which is inactive in pricing due to exclusion?

Former Member
0 Kudos

in our pricing procedure:-

we have catalog price -ZCPX and MRP price ZMRX...

ZMRX is ( x% of ZCPX)+ ZCPX

But there are cases when some special price comes into picture and ZCPX become inactive.

When ZCPX is inactive, ZMRX condition value is not getting calculated in pricing.

ZMRX has a access sequence which give how much % of ZCPX will be ZMRX.

Please suggest some solution that how to get ZMRX condition value calculated even if ZCPX is inactive?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suppose you are copying ZCPX to one of the subtotal or temp XWORK fields through the pricing procedure. If so, those field values could be zeroed out in some cases if you use exclusion or inactive flag on condition. If you are using a VOFM formula to calculate value of ZMRX, you can still read the value of ZCPX regardless of whether it is inactive:

Read table xkomv assigning <xkomv> with key kschl = 'ZCPX'.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This might be feasible in a user exit or a VOFM routine (the easiest way to tell for sure would be to debug), but it might be tricky. Also this just doesn't make much sense. If ZMRX is based on ZCPX but ZCPX is excluded then what value does ZMRX have anyway?

Maybe instead you should just do it backwards? Maintain ZMRX value and calculate ZCPX as a discount (since that's what it seems to be) off of ZMRX?

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jelena,

Thanks for your post!

Maybe instead you should just do it backwards? Maintain ZMRX value and calculate ZCPX as a discount (since that's what it seems to be) off of ZMRX?

I donot agree with the above "concept" of calculating backwards.

In my opinion, MRP is calculated after adding the prices of all the components, plus an % percentage (generally). Thus don't understand how one can go backwards & probably it is not the right way to go about.

Maybe by understanding the way catalog price (ZCPX) is calculated would throw more light on this issue.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

T W wrote:

I donot agree with the above "concept" of calculating backwards.

Hey, I'm just a programmer - if I see X=Y then for me Y=X. You bring up a good point though - it's not clear what's involved in ZCPX calculation. Since these are all custom conditions, it would be nice if OP posted more detailed information.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jelena,

One comment on your remark:

if I see X=Y then for me Y=X.

In this particular case (from my understanding)

With X1+X2+X3 we can calculate the total (Xtotal)

With Xtotal we can not calculate X1, X2, X3

Thus in this case it is not X=Y then Y=X.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hema,

ZCPX is inactive?

Category price / List price is inactive; does that mean that the value of this condition type is blank in the sales order?

If the value of condition type ZCPX is blank, then how can the system calculate MRP based on blank value (i.e. ZCPX = blank)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Hema

Below the inactive condition type insert a bank row say Total and bring the value of that condition type in this step.And now calculate you % condition on this.

Thanking you!

Ashish Mishra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Community Members,

Request your suggestions.

Thanks & Regards

Hema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hema,

Your requirement is not so clear, do you will explain with example

But there are cases when some special price comes into picture and ZCPX become inactive.

When ZCPX is inactive, ZMRX condition value is not getting calculated in pricing.

This Mean??

Regards

AJC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

We have used condition exclusion in our pricing procedure for Special Price and list price& discounts. When special price is maintained then list price and all other discounts become inactive. But there is a condition- ZMRP- which refers to MRP price which is statistical and is calculated as Catalog price + (x% of Catalog Price). Hence the problem is that due to exclusion if catalog price becomes inactive then ZMRP condition value does not get calculated. How to handle this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Catalog Price = List Price...just to avoid confusion.