cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop down auto-complete

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Is there a way to create a dropdown auto-complete list in abab webdynpro?

i have a table in my application, one of the columns is city_name and i want the user to select cities from the dropdown list but it will get alot of values thats why i wont to add the ability of auto-complete to make it easier (the values to the list will come from a custom table of citys T5J63)

thanks

Ami

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ami,

You should be able to rely solely on the browser's functionality to achieve this. Both Firefox and Internet Explorer (and likely other browsers) automatically scroll through a dropdown list to the first matching value as the user types.

Let's say a dropdown list has an alphabetic list of US states...

Alabama

Arkansas

Maine

Massachusetts

New Mexico

New York

...etc...

If a user places their cursor on the dropdown list field and types "Ma" into their keyboard, the dropdown list will automatically scroll to Maine, since that is the first entry that matches "Ma".

Cheers,

Amy

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

in webdynpro in inputfield ui elment property just checking SUGGESTVALUE property you will get auto complete it will search on basis of which  DDIC search help is assign to attribute which is bound with input field.

this is available  enh2 or NTW 7.2  and above version.

if helpfull reward point

former_member189631
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ami,

There is no standard UI exist for the Auto complete functionality. However, you can go with the workaround as suggested above.

Ram

vineetrrakesh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ami,

I don't think there is anything like Auto-Complete for Drop-Downs in WebDynpro ABAP, but you can realize this functionality with an input field with Value suggestion. It will look like below

Hope this might help.

Regards

Vineet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

is there any example how to create it ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

use below link

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-33803

reward point if helpfull