Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which diagnostic agent to install on managed system

shradhasampat
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to install diagnostic agent on managed system for Solution manager 7.1 SP7.

Managed System Details :

SAP ECC 6

NW 701

Kernel 701 Patch 117

SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP1

Solman already has diagnostic agent installed on it :

Details of DAA on SOLMAN :

sysno  98
sid   

DAA

relno  7200

patchlevel 0

patchno63

I think i don't need to upgrade DAA on solman ( correct me if wrong)

Also for managed system kindly request your help in understanding which DAA should I install & where can I download the same.

Thanks

Shradha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

just a question,

diagnostic agent 730 must be installed on solman 7.1 and also on managed system?

I have solman 7.1 and. a managed system sap SAP ECC 6.0

I have to install agent on solam and ecc , right??

Thanks

Angela Pellegrino

shradhasampat
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I started installing DAA 730 sp2 on managed system mentioned above using standalone installer  but I get this error in the beginning of sapinst

MUT-03010  Execution of the command "/bin/csh -c "source /home/sidadm/.cshrc; en

v"" finished with status TST_ERROR.

When i execute below through root explicitly it works fine :

bin/csh -c "source /home/sidadm/.cshrc; env"

But when I execute through sidadm user its output is as below :

sidadm> /bin/csh -c "source /home/sidadm/.cshrc;env"

Memory fault(coredump)

My permanent shell for sidadm is /bin/bash

I even tried changing it temporarily to /bin/csh but it didn't work.

Thanks

Shradha

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shradha,

You need to install it with the root user.As sidadm does not have permission to create user and assigned groups.

Please follow the below note as well , it will give you proper information :

1699127 - Installing SMD Agent fails during step updateProfiles

With Regrads

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shraddha,

SAP always recommand to use latest version of diagnostic agent. Therefore for managed systems communicating with  Solution Manager 7.1, you should go for diagnostic agent version 7.30.

Also as Avishek said, It is clearly mentioned in SAP Note 1365123: Solution Manager 7.1 requires currently to have at least a SAP Host Agent 7.20 SP93 ( Further details could be found in the attached  document. Especially some hints to find out the version of existing SAP  Host Agents or how to upgrade a SAP Host Agent.).

You can find all the relevant guides for setup and trouble shooting of diagnostic agent:

https://service.sap.com/support --> Solution Manager -->  Run SAP like a Factory --> Application Operations -->  End-to-End Root Cause Analysis --> Media Library

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Sachin

shradhasampat
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have gone through this note & the table in the attached document in the note which tells you which DAA should be installed.

But I think the note is talking about which DAA is to be installed on SOLMAN .

I would like to understand if DAA 730 SP02 will work for the managed system mentioned above ?

Thanks

Shradha

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Installation strategy talks about both Solman as well as Managed System.

730 Agent should work in your case.

Thanks,

Samik

shradhasampat
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Samik for your reply !!

What is the diff in using standalone installer & SWMP for installing 730 DAA ?

Thanks

Shradha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Solution Manager 7.1, SAP always recommends to install Diagnostic Agent Version 730 SP02.

Additionally from my personal experience, you also need to check your host agent patch level. It should be 93, if not, then please upgrade it.

I am talking about the Host Agents because while doing the configurations I found issues in outside discovery in Managed System Configuration, wherein SAP advised me to apply patch level for host agent 93 for Solman 7.1.

Thanks,

Avishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check OSS Note The Agent Installation Strategy document attached to this note has all your answers.

The latest 730 Diag Agent should be good for your scenario, and you can download from swdc --> Support Packages --> Browse --> SAP Technology Components --> SAP Solution Manager --> Solman 7.1 --> Entry by Comp --> Agents for managed System --> Diag Agent 7.3

Thanks,

Samik