cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VA01: how to handle a requested date that means "Ship No Later Than"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

if we enter the customer's delivery date into the requested date (schedule line delivery date) the system adheres to his date.

My Question: How do I handle If the customer wants a pruduct "No Later Than" date x?

a) if I enter x as a requested date I can have a negative cashflow (product is available but will not ship until date is met even though customer would accept it sooner)

b) if I don't enter that date I can ship asap however my on time performance reporting cannot tell if I shipped on time.

How would I enter / handle such a date?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Elmar Blach wrote:

Hi Everybody,

if we enter the customer's delivery date into the requested date (schedule line delivery date) the system adheres to his date.

My Question: How do I handle If the customer wants a pruduct "No Later Than" date x?

a) if I enter x as a requested date I can have a negative cashflow (product is available but will not ship until date is met even though customer would accept it sooner)

b) if I don't enter that date I can ship asap however my on time performance reporting cannot tell if I shipped on time.

How would I enter / handle such a date?

To avoid the negative cashflow, always default the system date for requested delivery date field in the sales order. If the material is readily available, then quantities will be confirmed and subsequent processes will be triggered.

Maintain a custom field in the 'Addition Data Tab' of sales order, both at header and item level. User can input the 'No Later Than' Date in this field at header and the header value should be copied (thro enhancement) to the item level field for all the items. If required, the copied date can be changed at item level. Enhancement to be done with the help of a userexit (for availability check) which compares the  delivery date (for confirmed quantities) in schedule lines with the 'No Later Than' date at item level and if the date is later then change the confirmed quantities to zero (or if multiple schedule lines...delete the additional schedule lines).

This may not be the exact solution...but just an idea to start with.

Regards,

Ravi Sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I was hoping there is a more standard SAP like solution but your suggestion will work.

I tried to "mess" with schedule line details and manually altered the requested qty schedule line in a way where the delivery date was in the future but its material availability date (and the other dates) were now. Surprisingly it worked: (1) the system confirmed an earlier date than requested and (2) I was able to ship same day.

I'm a bit scared this might be an intrusive modification and things will blow up down stream.

any thoughts?

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check usage of the fixed date/qty check box at sales order -> line item ->schedule line level? This is standard feature offered by SAP.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, we were using this field before we activated the committed date logic, meanwhile but stopped because

a) We lost confirmations via SCM and BOP doesn't run when flag is set so they didn't get re-confirmed.

b) I think we had also issues with delivery creation because you can end-up having over confirmed inventory

c) we don't need it anymore because we have the committed date activated thus can tell what we initially confirmed.

Regarding the business requirement of handling a "ship no later than" date I didn't see how the fix date & qty would help.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just consider the first date of the item.If the material is avilable it will  confirm on same day orif it is not avilable it will postpone the date based on the lead time given in master..This first delivery date of the item can be changed as when required.

Raneesh