Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartforms

former_member852447
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello smartform gurus,

I want to change the character format on a text field but when I change it it appears but when I save the smartform it reverts back to the old character format. I usually have to delete the text field and then re-create the text field again when the new format will hold.

Please advise how to change the character format without deleting the text field and re-creating it again.

I am sure there is a better way.

Thanks

David Dittmer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

basarozgur_kahraman
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

You can display and reset formats with buttons that pointed in screen shot.

When you want to change character formats, reset all changes and set new ones.

former_member852447
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Basar,

I can see all the character formats from the SMARTSTYLE so that is NOT an issue. The issue is that I cannot make the changes when I select the new character format....are you saying I need to remove all paragraph and character changes before I try and change........I may have tried this before but as soon as I SAVE the SMARTFORM the old changes appear back again......am I missing something?

Should I delete the text again and start from the begiining?

Thanks for any advice

basarozgur_kahraman
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Before remove, display setted character formats then remove all formats from text. Set new formats and display formats to check again to be sure. and don't forget to activate form for each step

former_member852447
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Basar,

When you say remove character formats do you mean remove them from the smartstyle or just delete them on the text. I am deleting them from the text but as soon as I save they come back again and over-write the new character format that I have inserted

basarozgur_kahraman
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello David,

Only delete them from text. if it's not work, try to modify formats from text editor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello David,

You need to create your character format using tcode SMARTSTYLES and then call that style into your text field -> Output options tab.

You can then select your character format for text.

Regards,

Deepti

former_member852447
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Deepti, This does not work. I have created the character type in the smartstyle but when I select it it disappears once I save the form...how can I get the character format to change.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello David,

Have selected that style in your form. Are you able to see your character format in text field of your smartform. You need to select your entire text and then choose character format.

You can also set your style in form interface if you want to use paragraph/character format in smartform other than defaults.

regards,

Deepti