cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

user profiles for web UI

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI,

During set up of Web UI, we need to assign user to web transactions in SPRO.

Does it mean that for pre production and production server, we need to open the client to assign users as they are not transportable.

Whats the best way to avoid opening production client.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Instead of assigning user to web transaction , explore regarding assigning roles to web trnasaction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any way how we assign roles to web transaction ?If its possible then in that case we need not to open client in productiuon to assign users to web transactions?

Affan_alavi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Roles are created and assigned to users by the security team. however the roles will still have to be assigned to user profiles/web transactions created for WCL (the client will have to be opened for this too).

I think what Rajesh means to suggest is that if you assign user profiles/web transactions to roles, you will not need to open the client every time a new user is added to EM. the security team will just need to assign the role to the new user.

Regards,

Affan

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As already mentioned by Affan you should use roles. I'm wondering if the users of the Prod System would have users in the Dev System. So an assignment here and transport would not work. I assume that is the reason why no transport possibility is offered here.

Best regards,
Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The users in development system needs to have same access in production system.Hence can I conclude that via roles there is no need to open production client in that case.

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For the role assignment you still have to pen the prod system once as this is the same concept as for user assignment.

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess that's a question for the User Access SCN group...