cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add new text for the particular customer which needs to populate in sales invoice...

0 Kudos

Hi All,

We got a requirement which is as below:

The customer XXXX needs a new text to be added in sales invoice. could you please advice the steps need to perform on this? thanks alot.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Normally the texts are maintained in a sales document (e.g. order) and then they're copied to the consequent documents - delivery and invoice.

But the way the texts are printed on a form is actually determined by the form itself in combination with the output processing program. If trully the text only need to appear on an invoice form and if you're using a custom form, then it would be easier just to pull it from the customer master in the form directly. In this way you'd also avoid polluting the database with redundant texts.

One caveat - the said text will be read when the invoice form is called. Copying it into the order will capture the text as it was when the order was placed.

Take a pick based on what the requirement is exactly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharat ,

Is the text always same for the Customer XXXX? Please provide more details.

If the text is same and If you want a particulat text to be appeared in the invoice whenever the customer XXXX is used, then maintain the text in the customer master and whenever the sales order is created, it gets copied to sales order and so on. Make sure the text determination is mainatained correctly so that it will flow till invoice and in the Invoice Output, you can read the text.

If the text varies for invoice to invoice, maintain it manually in the invoice header text itself.

Regards

Vinu

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vinu, Bharat,

If the text is same and If you want a particulat text to be appeared in the invoice whenever the customer XXXX is used, then maintain the text in the customer master and whenever the sales order is created, it gets copied to sales order and so on. Make sure the text determination is mainatained correctly so that it will flow till invoice and in the Invoice Output, you can read the text.

I agree with Vinu (i.e. maintain the text in the CMR).

But if the text needs to be populated in the Invoice only, there is no need to have this text in the sales order, then take it to the delivery note and finally to the billing document.

The text can be directly extracted in to the billing document.

With condition technique, in the access sequence (which is assigned to the condition type, which is part of the text determination procedure which is assigned to the Billing type), have e.g. text object as KNVV, text ID as 0001.

Thus direct from the customer, the text shall be populated into the billing document (i.e. text not populated in the sales order or the delivery).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi T W ,

Yes. You are right. they can transfer the text directly from customer master to billing using condition technique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bharat,

GoTo VOTXN --> Customer  --> Sales and Dist

Choose the Text Determination procedure currently assigned to the customer XXXX.

Choose Text IDs in Text procedure --> new entries --> create the new text ID

Once its saved the new text will be seen in the Customer master and will be determined during sales order creation.

0 Kudos

Hi Gobinath,

I just want to add new text description which needs to be populated on sales invoice. I dont want to creat a new ID and not sure if that works. Can I update the description in Sales order text tab for the option Invoice/Credit memo text? Just want to make sure does this works?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the requirement is only to print that text in the invoice output, you can create a standard text in SO10 and call it in the Invoice print program. An ABAPer can help you with this.