cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with LSMW logical path/files when uploading classes (object 0140)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using LSMW version 4.0.0, with the possibility to autocreate logical path and files.

so I created them and when I reached the step of creating a batch input session, I got the error message that the "logical file name ZCLASS_PMCREATE (the one I created) is not permissible".

so I tried to use the standard file CLASS_CREATE and changed the logical path and physical file to match the ones  in the LSMW and at the same step of creating a batch input session, I got a message stating ' File name '' is not permitted; a permissible file name is 'NEON_PM_UPLOAD_CLASSES.lsmw.conv'.(which is the actual physical file).

I also checked the actual path in AL11 and tried to match it in transaction FILE in the logical file path but i get the same message,

File name '' is not permitted; a permissible file name is '/usr/sap/RD2/DVEBMGS10/work/NEON_PM_UPLOAD_CLASSES.lsmw.conv'

(I used /usr/sap/RD2/DVEBMGS10/work/<FILENAME> in the field Physical path of Logical path).

I read the note 753511 but could not find a solution, especially since I cannot understand why automatic creation does not work.

any idea?

thanks

Alisa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use short name insted of 'NEON_PM_UPLOAD_CLASSES.lsmw.conv' in step specify file /assign file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

tried it: not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create another LSMW. Give short name in to file. Check if you have same problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, the problem is not the name but the path of the physical name that for some reason is not found

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try following.

in transaction FILE, follow the procedure below 

1. Create a logical file path definition ( eg zfile )

2. Assignment of Physical File : Select ur file and goto Assignment of Physical File. new entries. give syntax group as windows NT or ur preference and physical path something like D:\SAP_TEMP\<FILENAME> ( this file needs to be created in application server)

3. Create a logical file. double click, give the physical filename and other entries..

Revert if it solve your problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

already done all of the above: i even let LSMW create automatically its own files, i created aliases.....all this has been done