cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling event handler outside the webdynpro component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

1 .The webdynpro component has the Event Handler and the event handler method.
I have to use that event handler outside the webdynpro component. I have to use the event handler method in a badi.
Is it possible to do that?

2. Is the class CL_WD_CUSTOM_EVENT related to this scenario? Please tell me how to get the instance of this class.

Webdynpro comp   : IBO_WDC_INBOX

View                        : V_DEFAULT

please share your ideas.

Thanks,
Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member222068
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

As per the WDA framework only interface methods can be called outside the component.

Note: Event Handlers cannot be called outside the component.

In case if required, create a method in the component controller and define the method as interface method and call this method outside the component.

Thanks & Regards,

Sankar Gelivi

Former Member
0 Kudos

What are you trying to do? Why do you need the event object? Maybe there is a way you can achieve your objective without this object.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

I am working in SRM WEB UI enhancement and as per my scenario the UI screen should be automatically refresh . I am trying to do that .

The  UI Screen has been connected with the webdynpro component . And i found out the event handler method which will refresh the POWL component.

But i am trying to do that in a BADI. The same functionality in the webdynpro component should be used inside the BADI to refresh the POWL component.

Thanks,

Pradeep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not expert in SRM. As far as POWLs are concerned, there is a settings in POWL_QUERY that controls the "refresh" frequency whether on each access or manual. Take a look there as that might solve your problem.