cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot open View set from launchpad... only in Explorer app

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this the right place for a BO Explorer 4.0 question?  (not Bex)  I am new to Explorer, and have a basic question.  I am unable to open a View set fro the BI Lauchpad.  I can open the Explorer application and open it from there and see my views just fine.  But when I try to open from a folder in the Launchpad, it does nothing at all.  I can open other objects in same folder, .. a Webi doc, an xls, an Information Space.  But I do not have any real options when selecting organize for the View Set either, including Delete.  And I can't open a View set no matter what folder.  B -- a BO Admin (on my team) tells me that I do have Admin rights and all access so he can't see it's an priv/permissions issue.  He has the same thing happen as the environment admin.  ???  Could it really be a certain permission setting somewhere? or can you really only open the View set after opening Explorer and not from within the launchpad like you can everything else?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nikhil_joy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Trisha,

You need to install BO Explorer 4.0 SP 05 to open view sets from BI launchpad. I guess this version is available from mid of november.  In the older versions you cannot view view sets from BI launch pad.

Going forward you can post your queries on BO explorer in the below space.

http://scn.sap.com/community/businessobjects-explorer

Regards,

Nikhil Joy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have not confirmed yet that this does work in SP 5.  I looked at changes offered for Explorer in SP5 document and do not see this listed.  So, we'll see.  But it does answer  why I cannot open the view set now.  Thank you.

Answers (0)