cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indirect purchasing material replication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are doing a fresh implementation using SRM for indirect producrement.

I would like to know ins case of indirect procurement scenario,when do we need to replicate the materials created in ECC to SRM?

I'm familimar with free text SC's and catalog based SC's but not sure when material need to be replicated from ECC to SRM in case of indirect purchases?

Can someone explain with an example if they have replicated materials from ECC to SRM for indirect producrement scenario?

Also if we do replicate materials,is there any dependancies/points to be cosnidered w.r.t the technical scenario i,.e. CLASSIC or EXTENDED CLASSIC?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can replicate ECC materials into SRM and then use indirect purchasing to procure goods from stock materials within the company. Although stocks are used for direct materials, this is just a makeshift arrangement where you create your indirect materials as stocks in ECC and then replicate them to SRM

Regards,

Nikhil

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Indirect Procurement do not require material as you are mainly expense it out rather then having inventory of those materials and doing valuation.

Again if your business would like to handle Indirect purchasing of material as well then as Nikhil mentioned you can replicate material and use them in creating Shopping cart.

Regarding your 2nd question replicating material does not impact on your technical scenario. Technical scenario is purely based on your document creation (i.e. PO in ECC system consider Classic).

Hope this helps clear your doubts.

Thank you
Ritesh