cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR accidentally Settled and Posted to FI - Cannot create ER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

One of the Accounting Clerks has accidentally settled Travel Requests in PREC and then Posted them to FI in PRFI. As a result the travelers now cannot create an Expense Report for these Trips.

The travelers receive an error message "Accounting status not 'documents posted', trip can not be changed"

Is there a way to fix  or change the status of these trips now ? Can anyone of you please help me fix this ?

Thanks,

Ram Blue

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Whats the status of the posting run?    (Look in PRRW or table PEVSH at the technical status?)  - it is correct that the trip cannot be changed if the posting run itself has not been posted to FI yet.  Is there any error in the posting run - you can reject the posting run and then the trips should be able to be changed oncemore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sally - thank you for your response. The posting run status tip was very helpful

I tried to Here is what I did ...

1. PRRW did not give the full picture as this Trip did not have any expense entries. I did not know which Posting Run the Trip was included in. So, I looked into table PTRV_PERIO, and based on the Trip, found the correct Posting Run #
  2. Then, went into PRRW and processed / rejected the relevant Posting Runs.
  3. After the posting run was adjusted, opened the Trip in edit mode and while so, got a warning message saying that "Changes in posting part trigger adjustment postings". Clicked on Proceed and submitted the Expenses.

Regards,

Ram Blue

0 Kudos

That sounds positive Ram that its solved?

Just for future reference (you might already know this but just in case ..and otherwise it might help somebody else!), you can also get the posting run ID easily (and check the technical status of settlement etc) by using the cluster transaction PRTE and looking to the AEND table (there you will see the posting run id - if you click F1 and F4 on any of the status you'll get the help entries for each too) and you can also see any postings to FI in the ROT entries. Also from this transaction if there exists more than one trip version, then usually the latest one is the most actual expense report itself and the earlier would be changed expense report already posted or trip with advance etc.

hope it helps

Sally

Answers (0)