cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPRS different Sales vs Billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus

I have one problem i hope i could get some help with.

I have read some other post about VPRS condition and i thought it was all clear until i face one problem.

Problem

I have check around 10 diff billing documents along their sales order. That is about 50 different positions. For pretty much all of them, for example 49 positions, the VPRS condition got the same value in the sales order and billing document. The value is from material master, accounting 1 Standard cost (At least i think so). However, for 1 particular material the sales order got the same value as material master standard cost but at the billing document the cost is less.

Let me illustrate.

Material Master VPRS

Sales order VPRS

Invoice VPRS

Invoice VPRS condition control

The condition control "H" i found out in other posts, mean its taking the value from good issue, right? Here i got 2 more problems.

1. All positions have the same condition control "H" at the billing but only this one get different VPRS value than sales order and material master

2. I cant find in the good issue the VPRS value, how its calculated in the good issue? I go to the delivery, VL03N, but the condition tab its empty. In the good issue movement i cant find anything like conditions to check if there the VPRS got osme problem

Hope any of you could help me.

Thanks for reading the post, any question ill gladly try to answer.

Thanks and regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member533324
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We also faced the same problem.

We found that period between the creation of sales order and Billing there were many GRN's Punched into the system and the moving average price i.e VPRS in sales order got increased for some material and decreased for some materials.

Its a standard Functionality.

hope this helps.Please check if GRN's were punched by warehouse users.

Regards,

Mohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit,

Thanks for the advice, ill review the GRN in that period as you  mention.

However, i got one doubt i hope you could clarify me.

a) If we find out there were many GRN and the MAP moved, it might explain the issue from that particular invoice.

b) But...even now, if i create more sales order in QAS, VPRS=Standard price, Good issue cost = 83.03 and therefore Billing VPRS is 83.03 i dont know why, which is different than standard price not like pretty much 99% of the materials. Where Im going, the change would be permanent because the GRN punched into the system changed the MAP?

Thanks for your time

THanks and regards

former_member533324
Participant
0 Kudos

Please make a test case in quality

1) Create a sales order for a material check the standard price & moving average price in the material master and VPRS in the order before delivery.After that create some grn's which changes your MAP to do the delivery and the invoice.Check the VPRS.

2) Change the material master in accounting view change the price control entry from s to v for testing purpose. Repeat process 1 and check

3) Also share the screen shot of your pricing procedure the step where VPRs is configured  & also check any changes in pricing procedure.

Regards,

Mohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just realize the pictures isnt clear.

Material master standard cost is 91.52

Sales order VPRS is 91.52

Invoice VPRS is 83.03

Sorry for the bad picture

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to update

I find out the good issue cost, if i do the maths "good issue cost/units" i get the VPRS of the biilling document.

However, how is the good issue determined? If i use F1 to get help, it say: For goods issue, the value is based on the stock price of the material.

The stock price im guessing its "total value/total stock". Which in the end it gives me the standard price.
So im back to the start.

Material master accountig 1 says: 91.52

Good issue at delivery says: cost 249.09 for 3 units. So it is 83.03 per unit.

But that value shouldnt be correct, since the stock price of the material is 91.52

Any idea?

Thanks and regars

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check material master change history, whether someone changed the standard price and again changed back to original values?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sadly, yeah...I have checked it and there is no change since 2011. I even was able to re create the problem in QAS envirment, where the problem its the same.

Material master accounting 1 have standard price set to 91.52 but when PGI is done, the price is set to  83.03 and therfore the invoice have VPRS for 83.03 but the sales order keep the correct amount, 91.52

Regards

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can take a look at OSS Note 547570 - FAQ: VPRS in pricing point 1. The cost in the sales document is pulled form the material master, where as in billing document it is pulled from goods issue.So there is possibility for different cost values between sales order and billing document.

Is the item category of this product different from other item categories?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah, i read the note and im aware that it can be different, since the billing VPRS is from goods issue.
However, the goods issue cost is calculated in the following way according to SAP help:

For goods issue, the value is based on the stock price of the material.

if i go to MM03 of the material, accounting 1. Total stock is 232, total value is 21232.64. So stock price of the material is 21232.64/232 = 91.52 (Standard price). Is my understanding of SAP help about good issue cost correct? If it is, goods issue in the document flow have the following information:

So, 249.09/3 = 83.03. This value is the one getting pass as VPRS in the billing document. BUT 83.03 isnt the standard price according to the Material master

2) about your question, all positions are the same, however only this material is "weird" since all other materials, good issue cost = standard price

Thanks for keeping suggesting solutoins !

I think i might understanding wrong how the good issue cost is determined, may be stock price isnt the one im saying. If thats the case, how is the good issue cost determined?

Regards

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just curious, how about other material master's stock value/quantity value?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

May be luck, may be not. All other 8 positions have the following information

position 10: Total stock 4,388, Total value: 247,176.04, so if i do the math i get: 56.33 which is the standar price in MM03, and the one transfered to VPRS in sales document, good issue cost is = Number of pieces * Standard price. So in the end VPRS in billing document = 56.33, the same as reported in MM03 standar price

Position 20: Total stock 167, Total value: 19,747.75, so if i do the math i get: 118.25 which is the standar price in MM03, and the one transfered to VPRS in sales document, good issue cost is =Number of pieces * Standard price. So in the end VPRS in billing document = 118.25, the same as reported in MM03 Standard price

And to avoid all other positions, they have same logic but the one i reported at start doesnt follow the logic as you might know by now.

All other positions, i could get the good issue unit cost with "document flow cost / quantity" which so far always is the same reported as standard price in MM03. But for the "weird" material, i get a different  value. Since MM03 standard price is 91.52 but in good issue cost i get 83.03

May be my idea of how good issue cost is calculated is wrong, i dont know.

Regads and thanks for all your time