Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there equivalent transaction for SU22 or SU24 in SAP 4.0?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there. good day. I would like to seek help from you guys if you know other transaction codes similar to SU22 or SU24? I'm using SAP 4.0 here at the office and I need to check the objects that needs to be inside a transaction code. When I used Transaction SU22 or SU24, the message was "Report can only be called with new authorization check".

Is there any other ways I can check the objects needs to be in a transaction?

Please help! thank you again in advance!

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to trx SE16 and call tabel USOBT or USOBT_C. Maybe running Su25 will halp to access Su24 again?

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Auke. I tried transaction SE16 as per your advised. The screen just gives me the following to be filled up: Name, ReportTyp,Object, for field, Value, Change, Created, WIdth of output list, Maximum no. of hits. What values should I put on those information for me to see the objects that a transaction needs? I also try SU25 and this is the message that appears when I click the button 'INFORMATION ON THIS TRANSACTION':

You can use this transaction to update the tables for Transaction SU24.

If you have not previously worked with the Profile Generator or you want

to transfer all SAP default values again, please use the initial copying

function.

If you have already worked with the Profile Generator and want to compare

your data with the SAP default values, please use the comparison

function.

These are the informations in SU25 for 4.0:

Installing and upgrading the Profile Generator

Actions to be perfomed

-- Installing the Profile Generator

(an Activate buttom here) 1. Initially fill the customer tables (when I click this, a message appears saying 'Text "PROFGEN_INFO_TEXT_1" does not exist)

-- Post-processing the settings after upgrading to a higher Release

(an Execute button here) 2A. Preparation : compare with SAP values (when click, message is "You are using the Profile Generator for the first time")

(an Execute button here) 2B. Compare transactions (when click, message is "Termination: Step 2 not yet executed in release")

(an Execute button here) 2C. Activity groups to be checked (when click, nothing happened)

(a display button here) 2D. New company menu transactions (when click, message is : "This step lists the transactions that have come into your company menu

since the last Release. This list should give you information on these

new transactions. You can include these in the activity group maintenance

(Transaction PFCG) in your activity groups.")

-- Link to transport

(transport button here) 3. Transport the customer tables (when click, message is "You use this to transport the Profile Generator customer tables. This

writes all the changes that you made in steps 1, 2A and 2B as well as all

changes to check indicators in Transaction SU24 to a transport request.

Notes

Note that the tables are completely transported. All changes to

authorization checks that were made in this transaction or in Transaction

SU24 are also transported into the target system.

This replaces all the field value and check indicators in the target

system.

No activity groups or authorization profiles are transported in this

step. To transport newly generated activity groups, use the activity

group transport connection.

Please note:

This process may take several minutes.")

-- Adjusting the authorization check (optional)

(change button here) Change indicator (Transaction SU24) (when click, message is "Report can only be called with new authorization check")

0 Kudos

Je

answer on the first question:

in the field name you put the TRX name. That should be enough, pls try.

Su25.

If you have the profile generator running pls just go through all steps of Su25 as it ONLY populates USOB_C with the USOBT values and the changes you made in USOBT_C in previous version, beside it will ask you to make a decission on every step where the program has more than one option. It will not hurt your system.

USOBT_C is the tabel were SAP gest its info form when creating profiles in the profile generator.

If your are uncertain pls read Authorisations Made Easy on this subject!

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks again.. I try to write transactions in the field but message was "No table entries found for specified key"

The company I am currently working for do not use profile generator yet. All users just have single and composite profiles assigned to their ID. I used to worked in a company with version 4.6 of SAP, that is why I find it difficult to use the lower version :'(

Please be patient to me..thank you very much!

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I would just like to remind that <a href="https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/303751">R/3 4.0x is already out-of-maintenance</a>.

I'm glad to hear that you are familiar with using the Profile Generator available in more recent releases (such as 4.6x). And I hope that you understand that older releases have some functional limitations in comparison with newer releases ...

Regards, Wolfgang

PS: see also <a href="https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/52505">SAP Note 52505</a>, relevant also for 4.6C systems

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Je,

I believe even in R/3 4.0B there is a "step 6" in SU25 for "Copy Data from Old Profiles." If your client plans to migrate their old authorization profiles into activity groups (roles), this is the tool that you use to do that. It will help you to create activity groups based on the profiles, which can then be assigned to the same groups of users. Once that has been done, then you can use the Profile Generator (PFCG) to manage the profiles, build menus, etc, much more easily than with the 3.x style profiles you're currently using.

--Matt Fraser

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I'm afraid it's not.

In 4.0 the list ends with "(4.) Check indicator (Transaction SU24)".

As of 4.5 an additional step "5. Deactivate authorization objects globally" was added.

With 4.6 another step was added: "6. Copy data from old profiles".

As I've mentioned previously: functional enhancements have been made with each (major) release ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks to all your replies. I really appreciate it. As of now, the company I'm working with for almost 9 months has no plans of using Profile Generator. Actually, they only have very few SAP users, less than a hundred only. I think, that's the reason they prefer single or composite profiles only. By the way, it's a local oil company here in the Philippines.

I heard that they have plans to upgrade the version of SAP. Maybe I just wait for that for me to access SU22 and SU24, and do the necessary changes in their profiles and maybe can use PFCG.

Thank you again for the help guys!