Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F4 in WebDynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i have a table in my webdynpro and i have a column there named - FACILITY

Is there a way to cause this column to recive values only from SEARCH HELP that i will attach to this column ?

I want to prevent from the user to set incorrect values ( i want to avoid input checks ).

Thanks Ami

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member222068
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ami,

1. you have to take validation while saving

2. instead of inputfield take dropdown

You have to take any one opt from the two points if you want to avoid validations.

Thanks & Regards,

Sankar Gelivi

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ami,

You can do this with a bit of a trick on the view.

Create two InputFields on your view, let's call them ReadOnlyField and InputField.

• Set the readOnly property of ReadOnlyField to true so that the user cannot type values into this field.
  • Set the width property of InputField to 0px so that it is invisible on the view, also preventing the user from typing values into the field.
  • Bind both fields to the same context attribute.

Because InputField is enabled, its search help is still available to the field even though the field itself is invisible on the view. Now when the user selects the search help on InputField, the selected value will display in field ReadOnlyField since both fields are bound to the same context attribute. It will appear to the user as if there is only one field.

With a little experimentation, you may be able to adapt this approach to your table. If not, an alternative approach is to provide a DropDown list of values rather than an InputField.

Cheers,

Amy

Cheers,

Amy

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You could place the set of values in domain, then automatically system throws error. Or use a check table, while inserting into DB it will throw error.

Before hitting Data base if you want to display error you need to do input checks..

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

i dont think it is logical to maintain a domain cause i will have to change it values often