cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Process consumes all work processes

0 Kudos

hi

we have an interface running regularly importing business partners from another system. updating or creating these business partners occurs in the so called Update Process. however, when trying to create CRM-tickets, this also is done by the Update Process. however because of the import still running in the background, there are no free work processes left.

does anybody have any idea how to tune the system that both the import and the creation of CRM-tickets are possible in parallel?

thanks & regards

nicola

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicola,

I guess TRFC or QRFC is involved here. Also all the work processes must be occupied by the same user.

Now if this is just a question of update processes then you can increase the number of update processes.

If it involves your dialog processes then you can adjust some profile parameters like:

rdisp/rfc_max_login

rdisp/rfc_max_own_login

rdisp/rfc_min_wait_dia_wp

The last parameter decides how many dialog work processes should be kept free at all times for other users.

Please award points for useful information.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

hi

thanks for worrying, however it's a CSV file that's being uploaded, so really no RFC involved here.

regards

nicola

0 Kudos

hi

it is maybe useful to know that the importing of the business partners takes place via dialog (SAPGUI) directly on the system and no RFC is involved here.

I will however have a look at the proposed parameters, thanks.

PS: the UPD-processes seem to be blocked when one Update Process fails. I changed the import so that they don't fail that often anymore, which seemed to solve the problem described above. however I would like to know why in the case of errors all UPD-processes are blocked, which seems strange to me...

regards

nicola

Message was edited by:

Nicola Fankhauser

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nicola,

You mentioned that you are importing the partners from other systems so I guess you are connecting to the other system. In that I guess RFC connection will be involved.

Regards.

Ruchit.