cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find the Serial NO via input the configuration?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,
We prepare to use SAP VC in company. For example, main product material is F.
And also F has serial No(T-code:IQ03). We need to product some product in stock(VA01 -> run MRP -> then product).
Then there are 100SET F in stock, they all have own serial no (0001~0100). And
they have different configuration.

Now I want to find some serial NO of F, the search condiction is the configuration.
I can input these configuration in CU50. How to do it?

Tks

PF.huang

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can view configuration associated with serial number via IQ03, display all serial number associated, select any one and go to display configuration , it will show all the values assigned to this material serial number configuration of a equipment.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ritesh,

Thanks for your reply!

It's a good idea to view the configuration of the serial number one by one via IQ03.

But if there are many serial numbers, for example 100SET, it may be cost a lot of time to find the suitable serial number.

If I could input the configuration parameters via some t-code, and then show the suitable serial numbers to me, I think this is what I want.

By the way, in program RCU_EXCL_CHARACTERISTICS , there are two indicators, one is the type which used in the type matching (CU50); another is the serial number, could you tell me how to use it ?

Thanks

pf.huang

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Former Member,

I used it  for excluding the characterstic from type matching , but when we check the detail discription it says that

" this program to select the characteristics (with or without a material number) that the system should not take into account for the configuration comparison (serial number) and type matching"

Its for report available which can compare configuration , serial numbers  etc and in same we can exclude few characterstics same like type matching function.

I am aware of report ,  RCU_COMPARE_CONFIGURATIONS  , in it we need to input the CUOBJ of 2 objects and its gives result of comparision, with or without exclusion of characterstic's.

I will try to check and find out the report myself, and will update you. ( as the time permits )

Hope it helps you.

Please mark replies helpfull , if it help you

Thanks

Ritesh

Answers (0)