cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA with ERP, which EHP is needed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am going to install HANA with SAP ERP environment, and need some details.

Which EHP Version is needed to connect HANA to ERP as Datasource?

Are there prerequites in order to get HANA work with ERP?

thanks in advance

Ali Dursun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Abuzar
Explorer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

ERP on HANA is not released generally. It will require 7.4. But as I said it is not released. You can follow on SCN: http://scn.sap.com/community/abap-for-hana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erhan,

thanks, but unfortunately you can use different SAP Systems as Datasource due to work with the HANA appliance; so my request is, does the ERP Suite needs any EHPs or not for collaborating with HANA.

The ERP systems acts over the SLT Server with the HANA DB, that's all.

best regards

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You want to use HANA as a database connection?

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you just want to load data from ERP into HANA and will consume it through other frontends, like BO for example, SLT can communicate with most ERP versions starting with R/3 4.6C.

If you want to load data from ERP into HANA and consume the HANA model back in ERP, i.e. in Secondary DB connection scenario, you'll need to use Kernel 720EXT, which is only available for ERP 6.0 (any EHP).

Now, if you want to use ERP on HANA, i.e. HANA as the relational DB of the ERP instance, it's going to be released over NW 740. Since usually a NW update in ERP is associated to a ERP EHP (i.e. EHP4 = NW702, EHP6 = NW 703 etc.), I'd expect to see ERP on HANA requiring a new EHP for ERP. But that's just a guess.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Henrique,

thank you very much for your detailed answer; i think it fits for my needs.

best wishes

Ali

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A small correction, ERP 604 = NW 701, ERP 605 = NW 702, ERP 606 = NW 703.