cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RVAB02 Pricing Procedure - tax conditions MWI1, MWI2 & MWIS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a query relating to pricing procedure RVAB02, tax conditions MWI1, MWI2 and MWIS.

We have taken a copy of pricing procedure RVAB02 (called it ZVAB02), within the pricing procedure we have tax conditions MWI1, MWI2 and MWIS (also MWST).

Currently these conditions are set up in our system with condition class "A" (Discount or Surcharge), but according to SAP note 1087464 this is incorrect, and the condition class should be "D" (Taxes).

We have been running a live SAP system for nearly 2 years now and have thousands of sales documents & billing documents based on pricing procedure ZVAB02.

Can anyone advise if they have changed the condition class on MWI1, MWI2 & MWIS after their system has been live for a while ? Are there any implications of doing this, bearing in mind that the UK VAT rate has always been 20% in our system ?

The reason for my query is that we have a requirement for our a plant we have in the Isle of Man to reflect a lower VAT rate on certain items under certain conditions. I set up an MWST condition record for country IM, tax class cust 1, tax class material 3 = 5%, all items start off with tax class mat 1 (20% VAT), but then change to tax class mat 3 under certain circumstances - MWST is redetermined and shows correctly at 5%, but MWI1, MWI2 and MWIS are not redetermined and still show at 20%.

Kind Regards

Clare Lees

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As well as MWIS, MWI2 etc..., we also had a number of Z "tax" conditions, the values of which are pulled in to BI (from z*kzwi fields), these were also set as "Discount / Surcharge". We decided that the risk of changing the condition class of these to "Taxes" was too big even though they are all set as statistical in the pricing procedure.

The best solution we found was to make use of user exit USEREXIT_NEW_PRICING_VBAP which is in program MV45AFZB, the logic we inserted was that if field vbap-taxm1 was changed for the item, then a pricing update was triggered (type C -  Copy manual pricing elements and redetermine the others).

We didn't change the condition class of MWIS as per the SAP note, as this tax condition is rarely triggered in our system.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have gone through the note but it says that the condition type MWIS only need to be changed.  There is no mention about rest of the condition types MWI1, MWI2 as you mentioned.  Can you please reconfirm that you intend to say MWIS only.  Nevertheless, if you go through the required configuration changes as recommended in this note, I feel, it will take care of subsequent implications also.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, the note does only mention MWIS, but I wondered if the same should apply to MWI1 & MWI2 also.

My main concern is that we have been live on SAP for 2 years and have a lot of documents in the system, and am wondering what the impact would be if we changed the configuration of MWIS etc ... now. I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this and had applied the change (as per the note) in a system that had already been live.

Kind Regards

Clare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clare,

Please post the best approach you found for this,